GZA - Dark Matter (produced by Vangelis)

what?

GZA's new album is called Dark Matters and it's going to be produced, I'm guessing in its entirety, by renowned composer Vangelis. Also, Vangelis is very fat.

I understand, but none of it makes sense.

what?

GZA's new album is called Dark Matters and it's going to be produced, I'm guessing in its entirety, by renowned composer Vangelis. Also, Vangelis is very fat.

I understand, but none of it makes sense.

Yeah well, it's an odd collaboration, but weirder things have happened. Like that Gucci Mane track with Marilyn Manson, or The Doors and Skrillex

I had no idea Vangelis was a Blue Jays fan, this changes everyting

Nah really doe, could be good, could be shite. That Dam Funk / Snoopzilla album was actually quite good but nowhere near a stretch as this. Looking forward to checking out the King Midas Sound / feneszzzz collab as well

This really doesn't make any sense at all but I'm eager to hear it.

+1.

also gza's last effort pretty bad. curious to hear this though, just not expecting anything too exciting.

being fat and old is a good way to be dead. sorry it's a rough truth, but I fear for this man.

I'm just wondering what the beats are going to be like. I don't think that's really Vangelus' strong suit.

CR-78

can't go wrong with those beats, mang

madlib is doing an album with the guy from future islands

yeah, it deserves its own thread. Dude's been rapping for a long while now

what

what

• 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Joyrex
      reverb.com's Justin Delay breaks down how Vangelis created the iconic synth sounds in 1982's Blade Runner:

• By Rubin Farr
      They reissue this every few years, but if you don't have the greatest soundtrack ever on vinyl, and are going to RSD anyway, maybe pick it up.

http://recordstoreday.co.uk/exclusive-releases/rsd-2017/vangelis/
    • Guest blue tapes
      By Guest blue tapes
      POUR LE PLAISIR - TIN MACHINE EP

one-sided frosted-clear heavyweight 180g vinyl 12" EP

with screenprinted picture disc artwork + download

BUY HERE

It may be all of 4 tracks and 27 minutes long, but Pour Le Plasir’s Tin Machine EP is the closest we’ve come to a movie soundtrack. The film is Midnight Express: Legacy, in which Shia Labouf goes in search of his missing computer-animated heroin dealer father in a plot largely jerry-rigged to provide lots of slick music video montages.

Because with analogue synthy house this throbbing and tense, why would you risk letting something like story getting in the way of the sensory overload?

This movie moves in alternating sequences of drug-delerium hedonism and moments of vein-ripping suspense.

So Tin Machine, the opener, is all perpetual energy and fluid tracking shots, beats coalescing into a beautifully poised disco strut while an acid-funk synth bassline carves cocaine shapes in the air. But then The Movie is all hissing sewer grills, human silhouettes blown up to cinematic proportions by menacing car headlights, nervy walks down alleyways where our protagonist senses darting figures darting in his/her peripheral vision.

It kicks back in at the moment where the 1970s filmstock turns into a computer game and the characters go raving in a shared lucid dream. That’s Girly Hole - all futuristic and nostalgic and pulverising to the soul.

You thought Blue Tapes didn’t do bangers. You got us all wrong.

So very wrong.

When the credits roll over C-T we get gripping, Ligeti-like piano licks matched to an impervious titanium beat (think Eyes Wide Shut, if Tom Cruise’s wet yuppie-swinger was The Terminator).

This is our second vinyl release and first proper EP. Pour Le Plaisir has released 14 records previously on the Moleskine Records label.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfsNSTOk7Rc

http://vimeo.com/113842106