Sign in to follow this  
Consul

D'Arcangelo - Periscope [AF001]

Purchase: Bandcamp

DITeipp.png

Analogical Force, the underground nightclub based in Madrid continues kicking and exploring. The AF gatherings, with guests such as Rob Hall, Monolake, Grant Wilson Claridge, Helena Hauff, I-F, Mike Dred, Ultradyne, Byetone, Dave Monolith (…) turn now into record label focused on spreading serious electronic music with attitude and without corsets, from experimental sounds to acid or techno.

AF debuts on wax with “Periscope Ep” by the Rephlex affiliated duo D'Arcangelo (including remix by Kettel). Five years have passed since the brothers issued “Cradle and go!” on 030303 Records. Since then, and closing Rephlex, many -like us- have been looking forward to new stuff.

With “Periscope EP” Fabrizio and Marco rises to the surface again, but not necessarily meaning a back-to-roots approach. Instead, it seems to be a step forward in their creative process and a deep dive into their sound. ”Periscope EP” contains new material of complex electronic music: avant rhythms, emotive idm with distinctive acid flashes, plus a surprising array of misty landscapes leading to an extremely engaging myriad of expressive images and shapes.

Meanwhile talented Kettel has done it again...

Analogical Force are proud to release this excellent EP which also is the first in their catalogue.

Edited by Consul

The artwork looks sublime

Edited by beerwolf

ah cool, looking forward to this!

I thought D'Angelo had a new ep for a second with a very uncharacteristic title.

Nice, like the previews...

One of the last Rephlex releases, "Audiovisual Designs" is absolutely fantastic! It never got much publicity :cry:

http://www.discogs.com/DArcangelo-Audiovisual-Designs/release/4963715

Edited by jsmcpn

yeah, and also Eksel is really good. my fav d'arc bros

Guest RBNO

kettel remix is amazing!!! <3

First cut sounds especially lush, will probably go for the digitals this time around :)

+1 for Eksel & AV Designs, easily my most played albums by them. Especially Eksel really holds a special place in my brain / heart.

only 4 copies left now, almost missed out

:ok:

really diggin' that first track

Good stuff as usual

Yeah, its a top EP. I loved their music for years but they became brillant. Eksel & Audiovisual Designs are truly strong records.