6. Grain Bastard - Tumbling Red Tragments 03:00
7. kamulja - sherpa 01:52
8. Zephyr Nova - Ascending Olympus 04:56
9. Zephyr Nova - Red Majestic 04:20
10. Raccoon Acid - Tharsis Bulge 03:45
11. cubus - Nix Limpus 12:14
12. iteritinerant - scarpfall 03:51
13. Embers Lucent - Hypoxic Ascent (Venture Beyond...) [Excerpt] 10:21
I'm super pleased with how this album turned out. It has great textures and atmospheres, punctuated by notable moments of beauty, and the occasional beat. In my mind, it's a perfect album for chilling with a good book. Individual opinions may vary though.
Apologies for the amateurish album art. No one came forward so I tried to give it a shot myself this year. I don't like it as much as the art of previous albums but I guess it'll have to do for this year. (But don't be fooled, the music is truly great this year).
EDIT: I forgot to mention, this is a free album! Please don't donate money. If you feel like donating to a particular artist (or our mastering engineer, Zephyr), many of them have their own bandcamp pages set up.
But wait, there's more!
This year Peace7 submitted a fantastic synth-popish track called "Get Yo Aastumas". I didn't want to just stick this great track on the end of an ambient-ish album. That wouldn't be the best thing for the album, and it wouldn't be the best thing for Peace7's track.
So we're doing a remix album based around this track. I'll make a thread in EKT soon with the track and the original stems, so we can all get remixing.

Just listened to this all the way through- solid compilation, yo. Kudoz to everyone! Great tracks.

I can see why you (Root5) were like, "Listen you son'bitch, I don't care what the panel says-- MY AMBIENT DAUGHTER AIN'T GON' BE ON NO ALBUM WITH NO SYNTH POP TRACK!" Glad I finally agreed, cuz this comp holds together really well without my track in it. Iiiii do hope there are more than 0 remixes for the spinoff idea, though. If not, I'm gonna have to write 10 remixes myself, and it won't even make any fucking sense.

"peace 7 remixes peace 7 for a community activity resulting in an album spun-off from a compilation album from a community activity"

Guest bitroast

"peace 7 remixes peace 7 for a community activity resulting in an album spun-off from a compilation album from a community activity"

lol

i would listen to this.

Iiiii do hope there are more than 0 remixes for the spinoff idea, though. If not, I'm gonna have to write 10 remixes myself, and it won't even make any fucking sense.

Don't worry. I'm super excited to contribute a cover. And I heard from some others who want to contribute.

And if not, we can always use this art:

peace7.png

I like the album art! Great job Root. Downloading...

Thanks. I was trying to convey the kind of dry turbulent texture that is prominent in the album. But it was a rush job and looks really really cheesy. Maybe next week I'll try again and update it. But it doesn't really matter. It's all about the music man.

Zephyr Nova I simply have to know, been looking for that sound for years - What's the sampled instrument/synth you used for the slow attack brass sounds in Red Majestic ? It's simply gorgeous

p.s. Sweguno please can you stop showing everyone up with your incredible Elfman-esque/Coil-ish soundtrack skills, you're making the rest of us look bad !

Zephyr Nova I simply have to know, been looking for that sound for years - What's the sampled instrument/synth you used for the slow attack brass sounds in Red Majestic ? It's simply gorgeous

Yeah I'm in the same boat there... Have attempted to get that acoustic brass / clarinetesque sound a la Stone In Focus before and have not gotten close to this. Real nice!

p.s. Sweguno please can you stop showing everyone up with your incredible Elfman-esque/Coil-ish soundtrack skills, you're making the rest of us look bad !

Hah I was gonna say something similar about your cubus tracks! Really lush track this year, reminds me of the original Star Craft OST during the Protoss campaign.

Hah I was gonna say something similar about your cubus tracks! Really lush track this year, reminds me of the original Star Craft OST during the Protoss campaign.

This!

Great listen overall on the first spin, will definitely give this another spin tomorrow :music: top job all!

Sublime! Thank you for your inclusion of my track, and thumbs up to the other artists as well.

I do have a longer, 23-something minute version of my track, if others are interested in it. Happy to host it for free download.

Thanks! It's a sample of one held note on a flugelhorn pitchshifted around to make the chords/meldoies (+ EQ/saturation/reverb etc.).

Oh! And I just ermembered I was going to ask you something too: is that a car wash machine sample that takes over for the last section of your track? My mind went there instantly when I was listening. I love that sound.

Ace thanks, I think the flugelhorn is like the one brass instrument I hadn't tried. Awesome, will have to find some sample packs !

The big noisey noise near the end is the track being slowly decimated by u-he's Runciter (part of the Uhbik pack), which is a filter/distortion type VST - first time I'd used it so predictably I went a bit OTT !

Thanks! It's a sample of one held note on a flugelhorn pitchshifted around to make the chords/meldoies (+ EQ/saturation/reverb etc.).

When you told me this, I pretty much concluded that you're a sound wizard.

This cubus track is a huge highlight for me. The melody is really beautiful, and when the noise finally passes it feels like waking up from dream.

Goiter's tracks are always great, but this one stands out to me for it's fantastic mixing. It sounds really professional.

Fuck yeah, I get first track!

Really happy with this as a first track! I've always liked album openers that set the mood and wipe your sonic palette clean, so that you can properly enjoy the rest of the album with fresh ears.

Archived