IGNORED

Roland Boutique?! [new synths]

Psychotronic

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The TB03 is great, but you will catch a lot of flack from purists for saying so. I've heard the SE-02 is really nice.

The TB03 is great, but you will catch a lot of flack from purists for saying so. I've heard the SE-02 is really nice.

what about the sh01a?

I've personally never used it, but am interested. xxx gave it a good review on this very page:

So the 101 is pretty on point. It's doing everything mine did faithfully and the twists they added are fun. Whenever it seems to miss the mark a bit, I think about the 101 going for $1,770 on Reverb currently and it suddenly sounds just fine baby.

what about the sh01a?

I've personally never used it, but am interested. xxx gave it a good review on this very page:

So the 101 is pretty on point. It's doing everything mine did faithfully and the twists they added are fun. Whenever it seems to miss the mark a bit, I think about the 101 going for $1,770 on Reverb currently and it suddenly sounds just fine baby.

yea I'm checking vids on it now, I should probs read the actual thread before asking questions

^^ I got a Juno as well after messing with all of them in the local Guitar Center. Running it through a Big Sky and this old roland rack delay can create some fucking wicked deep-house style dub-echo pads. I have a JX-3p so I didn't really feel the JX one. The jupiter sounded great, but was more expensive and I'd feel lame without the 8 voices

It's a great time for making music if you don't discriminate about gear. Some fantastic cheap gear out, just not ALL ANAZLOGB and such. But in the mix, they are fantastic sonic weapons!

as for the new ones i think i'd most like to have a little pocket 909 :) the d-05 would be sweet, too.

yeah both of these appeal to me for some reason. The 909 is just so fucking adorable; even though I never use 909 sounds in my music I'd love to have one. They should just make a cute little sampling drum machine in that form factor (ie. just the sampling side of the TR-8S), I'd buy the shit out of it.

Archived