IGNORED

duran duran - paper gods - 2015

juiceciuj

duran-duran-paper-gods-album-cover-636-6\

listened to about half on my way to work. quite bad imo but what do i know. lol at the first song being a kind of fight song against vanity/excess/stupidity and track two being a wailing diva and all about partying like there's no tomorrow. track three is a hilarious attempt at duran duranxtrap and it's surprising i made it past that track

continued listening but after that my brain shut off

So sad... Duran Duran were really good back in the 80's and 90's (culminating with the "Wedding Album"), but after that, they never struck gold again.

One good release of theirs is "Thank You" - it's Duran Duran doing covers of famous songs by other artists - I actually like their version of "Watching The Detectives" better than Elvis Costello's version, and "911 is a Joke" and "White Lines" are solid covers too.

fuck me... i had no idea... my friend just told me...

1"Paper Gods" (featuring Mr Hudson)
2"Last Night in the City" (featuring Kiesza)
3"You Kill Me with Silence"
4"Pressure Off" (featuring Janelle Monáe and Nile Rodgers)
5"Face for Today"
6"Danceophobia" (featuring Lindsay Lohan)
7"What Are the Chances?" (featuring John Frusciante)
8"Sunset Garage"
9"Change the Skyline" (featuring Jonas Bjerre)
10"Butterfly Girl"
11"Only in Dreams"
12"The Universe Alone"

i read somewhere it was like unworthy commercial jingle music

oh well, only duran duran songs i liked were the classics everyone knows and that one with the ashleys roachclip breakbeat

This track sounds lush to me (only one I've heard as well), though the trap sprinkler hi-hat is a bit lel. John Frusciante on guitar:

What's the deal with John Frusciante? I keep seeing his name dropped all over the place but the times I've made a conscious effort to listen to his stuff I'm seriously underwhelmed.

This track sounds lush to me (only one I've heard as well), though the trap sprinkler hi-hat is a bit lel. John Frusciante on guitar:

What's the deal with John Frusciante? I keep seeing his name dropped all over the place but the times I've made a conscious effort to listen to his stuff I'm seriously underwhelmed.

You may like JF's electronic project Trickfinger:

Archived