IGNORED

Autechre merch on Japanese Tower Records online store

donotseemecricket

I wasn't able to find any threads related to this so I'm hoping this isn't old news. I recently discovered a Japanese online record store called Tower Records and they have a good amount of æ merch. Notably Exai on vinyl for a reasonable price, and LP5, Amber, and Tri Repetae on cd as well as some other nice stuff like a Quaristice t-shirt (that I would love to have). The shirt looks official. Can anyone attest to this?
How many people have heard of Tower Records and seen this stuff?

The problem is, I can't read japanese characters and I don't believe they ship outside of Japan. Does anyone know of a way around this and bought from a site like this before? If so I would totally take advantage of this.

http://tower.jp/search/item/autechre?recondition=True&artistId=175399

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tower Records used to be a huge chain of record stores across the USA (not sure about global reach) until it entered bankruptcy and was bought out. I am assuming this website is affiliated with its recovery as an online store.

What that means for how authentic the merch is, I have no idea.

Quaristice t shirt: Price¥ 3,240

3240 Chinese Yuan equals

508.83 US Dollar

wat google

Japan and China are actually different countries (with different currencies).

haha

yeah it's def Japanese Yen. and the shirt is around 30US$ from the currency conversion I did.

Yeah, I used google translate and it said that it was in stock. Says they have L and M sizes.

So I was looking into how to ship from Japan…

Has anyone heard of or used Tenso?

It's a site that lets you have a 'third party' address in Japan. So you buy from a japanese website that won't ship internationally, ship it to your jp address, and that address ships to you internationally.

http://www.tenso.com/en/

Tower Records used to be a huge chain of record stores across the USA (not sure about global reach) until it entered bankruptcy and was bought out. I am assuming this website is affiliated with its recovery as an online store.

What that means for how authentic the merch is, I have no idea.

Tower Records is actually one of the best music shops in Tokyo still- I bought most of my electronic stuff from them in the 90's (and HMV, but HMV in Shibuya became a Forever21). It's 8 stories (or something) of music, movies, magazines, music related merchandise, with restaurants- they also do live events there. Despite being a massive shop, they still carry new releases from Planet Mu, Hyperdub, Warp, whatever the fuck else. The electronic selection is quite good.

Nothing to do with anything, but: There's a brass/bronze hand mold of Michael Jackson there, and his hands were way bigger than I thought, wtf. (MJ the pop star, not the dude on Trailer Park Boys)

Uhhhhm, not a helpful answer.

Jesus christ.

Okay, the "answer" is yes, Tower Records is as legitimate as it gets. They are one of the few shops that had Syro exclusives on release, specific to Tower Records. It is where you can pre-order the best electronic music. You know how Japan has been the only country in the world to get exclusive tracks for Warp, Rephlex, Astralwerks, et al releases for the past 20 years? It's because of the pull of a tight scene in Tokyo; a scene that was orchestrated with the help of the best selection at Tower Records, whose electronic music floors spread good electronic music to the masses by giving underground music mad promotion.

All right, I am gonna go order / pick up the Quaristice t-shirt for some peeps in like 7 hours after this post, so if anyone else wants a shirt, PM me the size and I'll get one for you (pay me later). Shipping is proooobably under $30, but maybe sending to Germany is more expensive. (IDM surcharges apply)

All right, I am gonna go order / pick up the Quaristice t-shirt for some peeps in like 7 hours after this post, so if anyone else wants a shirt, PM me the size and I'll get one for you (pay me later). Shipping is proooobably under $30, but maybe sending to Germany is more expensive. (IDM surcharges apply)

Awesome! Just PM'd you. I knew it was a good idea to post about this.

UPDATE:

Okay- I'm sorry to say--- For M size, anyway, I bought the last 2... in the universe. And unfortunately that means that they'll be going to the first two people who contacted me: hello spiral & oscillik I'm sorry to the other 500 peeps, I tried!

BUT, there are 3 L sizes left. User leastconcern was interested in an L size, and if I can get 2 more interested, I'll just order the rest.

"so~ sori..." to get hopes up.

Archived