IGNORED

Autechre and Miles Davis

Guest MaartenWesselius

Guest MaartenWesselius

Years ago I mistakenly found myself playing two media players at the same time: one playing Inhake 2 and the other playing Kind of Blue by Miles Davis. To my surprise, it was a very good match. I always remembered that combination and a few weeks ago I decided to recreate that.

You can listen to it here: https://soundcloud.com/maelesdaevis/inhake-flamenco

A fun but difficult project was born trying to make several Autechre - Miles Davis mashups. You can listen to them on the Maeles Daevis Soundcloud page.

I hope you guys don't see this as shameless self-promotion. If you think this should be in another forum, let me know. But since this is not original music I made, I thought it was much more suited for the Ae forum than the EKT forums.

Guest MaartenWesselius

Actually so far.. Eggshorgy, Montreal Night, Vletminor are all brilliant!

I Love the way the synth on vletrmx now sounds like a trumpet/sax!

Thanks! What kind of mashups are you into then?

Most of these are superfantastic and I'm really amused by the C/Pach and In A Silent Way track. First ae track I ever loved mashed with the first Miles Davis album I loved. Mmm

Guest MaartenWesselius

Most of these are superfantastic and I'm really amused by the C/Pach and In A Silent Way track. First ae track I ever loved mashed with the first Miles Davis album I loved. Mmm

It's funny because when I think about it, C/Pach was actually one of the first tracks I heard by Autechre (the Napster days) and In a Silent Way was the first Miles Davis album that I listened to more closely in its entirety.

One of the best mashups is with T ess xi, but it couldn't be uploaded to Soundcloud because of their copyright detection system. You can download it

from this dropbox link.

• 2 years later...

Can I ask if I could upload your mashups to youtube since they are enormously wonderful. And I never got the chance to listen to that t ess xi mashup. Is there a way to get it? Thanks for doing this.

Archived