IGNORED

Powell v Steve Albini

Richie Sombrero

On 9/30/2015 at 3:31 AM, psn said:

Has Albini ever spoken as passionately about the things he loves as about the things he detests?

One of the great rare moments: 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

He still had to tack a dig at Rush in at the very end.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt, I'm sure he loves Rush, he's just being belligerent.

Johnny Rotten famously used to walk about in a I Hate Pink Floyd t-shirt, that was a load of bollocks as well, they're actually one of his favourite bands. Just like Aphex said he thought Radiohead were crap, and I'm sure has since laughed that comment off.

It's a jolly old joke ffs.

Though I know Rotten and Albini really do respectively hate Yes and The Strokes. And who can blame them for that? 

Prog is an easy target for folks who love punk. It was always their nemesis. I doubt Albini hates In The Court of the Crimson King or Meddle.

1 hour ago, beer badger said:

Prog is an easy target for folks who love punk. It was always their nemesis. I doubt Albini hates In The Court of the Crimson King or Meddle.

He most likely does. He doesn't seem to joke about much.

There’s a video of him talking about how much he loves Led Zeppelin. He engineered a Ben Frost album, the newest SUNN O))). I’m sure I don’t agree with him on everything, but he’s pretty damn cool and he won the World Series of Poker wearing a Cocaine Piss shirt. 

Cocaine Piss is a terrible band name for a not particularly great band, so no, I wouldn't say that's cool.

And I say this as a fan of Steve Albini's work.

^ Nice find.

Sounds like Albini alright - bit pretentious, bit overly sincere, but with his his heart in the right place.

Just why, why did he have to name his best band "Rapeman"? 

6 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Cocaine Piss is a terrible band name for a not particularly great band, so no, I wouldn't say that's cool.

And I say this as a fan of Steve Albini's work.

Ok, good talk

Archived