IGNORED

Autechre Live. Metro. Chicago, IL 09/29/2015

donotseemecricket

and he looked at me stone faced and said 'i have no idea' in the most serious, cold, tone. haha guess he wasn't a fan of the cannabyss.

there's a small chance he's not too happy that his home country has turned into a massive killing field.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here you go.

Goddamn Chicago is a chatty crowd. One of my favorite things that I hear someone say at every Ae show is that they expected it to be weirder; always as a coded way to try and say they don't like it but want to keep their hipster XP.

thx.

dat ending

8887137-1420295636.png

How long was AE on for? Was it tour merch or just stuffs i can buy on bleep already? Saw them in '05 and I'm so excited to see them in DC next week, other than it's at one of the worst venues in town (shit sound). Oh well, my loins are hot and ready.

How long was AE on for? Was it tour merch or just stuffs i can buy on bleep already? Saw them in '05 and I'm so excited to see them in DC next week, other than it's at one of the worst venues in town (shit sound). Oh well, my loins are hot and ready.

they played for an hour on the mark pretty much. goes along with their 'live creation of an album' idea they talked about

and the merch was very minimal. a black shirt that said autechre on the front and AENA / 2015 on the black, and a grey one that said autechre on the front (same font as black one) nothing on the back

and they had CDs

Basscad,EP Untilted Quaristice and EP Boxset

Shirts were 30$ per

CDss were 15, with the box set being 50

I already had all the CDs so I forked out the 60$ for both shirts. They're american apparel tees. I liked the shade of grey they used.

Black front

Black back

Grey

I already had all the CDs so I forked out the 60$ for both shirts. They're american apparel tees. I liked the shade of grey they used.

Black front

Black back

Grey

Thanks !!! Def be buying both! An hour seems short but oh well!

Is there an official tour thread or what? I want to meet up with DC peeps if possible!

and he looked at me stone faced and said 'i have no idea' in the most serious, cold, tone. haha guess he wasn't a fan of the cannabyss.

there's a small chance he's not too happy that his home country has turned into a massive killing field.

Robbie pls.

Most likely he was simply suspicious since weed is strongly illegal in our countries (You can go in jail just because of joint in your pocket. Cops also can add more for especially large amounts of illegal stuff to squeeze money from your relatives).

Interesting interview taken before the Chicago gig. Tried to see if it had already been posted or not. Sorry if jazz: https://thump.vice.com/en_us/article/autechre-is-still-more-post-human-than-you-are

Thanks for that

Very nice read

Cool insight into their process. The way I see it, they go into each show with the intent of building or sculpting a "new album" in an hour's time. I like that.

I also liked that the show only was an hour. I'm into the idea of working within limitations, it makes the time more valuable in a way. It felt like a complete piece or composition with movements. Going back and listening to Exai under this context is pretty cool and it's making me think of the album in a different light. I can see Exai as two seperate albums in a way now. The show in Chicago def sounded of a simmilar soundpallate/realm as Exai/L-event, but for these live performances they take you to a whole other time-space.

Interesting interview taken before the Chicago gig. Tried to see if it had already been posted or not. Sorry if jazz: https://thump.vice.com/en_us/article/autechre-is-still-more-post-human-than-you-are

The show in Chicago def sounded of a simmilar soundpallate/realm as Exai/L-event

There was 2 tracks at the vancouver show, one lifted a beat directly off tac lacora iirc (for about 10 seconds) and another lifted a melody off a track off exai (can't remember which track but I remember right at that moment confirming it with my brother at the show).

It was really just for a few seconds, I wonder if they mixed it in as kind of a weird sonic easter egg lol

The song at 18 minutes, maybe one of the other guys that was at the van show can correct me but I believe this was the last or second last track at the vancouver show.

I'm an autechre live newb, if it's recurring throughout the tour does that indicate it might show up on the album?

Here you go.

Goddamn Chicago is a chatty crowd. One of my favorite things that I hear someone say at every Ae show is that they expected it to be weirder; always as a coded way to try and say they don't like it but want to keep their hipster XP.

<3

lol

Definitely going to get a black shirt and quaristice + basscad, been wanting those what better time to buy them eh

Guest WNS000

the sound at the Metro is phenomenal. literally crystal clear

And of course, nobody recorded it, right?

EDIT:

Oh, somebody actually did!

The show in Chicago def sounded of a simmilar soundpallate/realm as Exai/L-event

There was 2 tracks at the vancouver show, one lifted a beat directly off tac lacora iirc (for about 10 seconds) and another lifted a melody off a track off exai (can't remember which track but I remember right at that moment confirming it with my brother at the show).

It was really just for a few seconds, I wonder if they mixed it in as kind of a weird sonic easter egg lol

In a recording of the Montreal set I heard a brief sound from the Oberman Knocks remix too.

In a recording of the Montreal set I heard a brief sound from the Oberman Knocks remix too.

Interesting!

I wonder if that's typical or how that even makes its way into the mix. It's intentional of course but I wonder why.

Black front

Black back

Grey

ahhhhhh my envy!

btw american apparel just filled for bankrupcy heh

Archived