IGNORED

October=[]<Tober - squarepusher live month!

phudoshin

In celebration of an epic show by the T man at the end of the month, I'd like to take a selection of his live shows - maybe two a week starting on Thursday 1st of []<tober - and review the shit out of them, hear stories and generally appreciate an oftentimes headwrecking, but gifted artist

Ok first up is Boston 2004. I chose this because of the energy of the set , TJ's obvious enjoyment of the twisted dark beats, the tracks he plays etc.

Sure the recording is flawed - gaps, crowd vocals, missing ending.... but all that is completely drowned out by the perfection of the set in my opinion. Squarepusher is completely in charge and doing his best.

Does anyone know anything about the source of this? They're a bit annoying but I really dig their enthusiasm.

Ok this weeks its a classic Go Plastic set from Sydney... its very similar to the Alive in Japan set but some notable gorgeous differences in effects ... I love it.

(True story - my Irish mate in Sydney, Kevin, who was meant to go to this, got arrested after a parcel he got sent to by "someone" was intercepted by the drugs squad!!!)

Here we go...... Full on "Hard Normal Daddy"/"Big Loada" era set in Japan... perfection in every way.. massive bass fuckery over his tracks, subtle little changes and stop-starts and a nice bit of TJ screaming now n then. This is relentless, funky, brutal squarepusher!

Hard to believe on a few weeks its possible he's getting a band to cover some of these tracks! (I'll believe it when i see it - in person!)

More talking to myself this week but fuckit I'm excited about Saturday!

Here's a masterclass in unique and surprising sets from the don. Its got everything:

- tons of unreleased amazing tracks - the acid, the mdelodie, the drums - sooooooooooo good

- bewildering nuclear levels of WTF as he plays onece-thought-of "Aphex Twin" tracks - about 5 of them

- live jams and mixes of old favorites

- the energy and excitement is top class

thanks for these, they're really great. only squarepusher sets i've heard before these were the live in japan disc and the one in 2009 where he played some of his unreleased tracks.

Thanks!

And here's the latest! What a set!

downloadable: https://soundcloud.com/keyfumbler/shobaleader-one-play-squarepusher

Archived