IGNORED

tsrono / various releases

auxien

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just out of curiosity, what was your set up for that album? You say it's all hardware and live, I'm really curious to know how you put all that together! Or if you're not keen on talking shop too much, I'm just interested in the thought process itself.

In reference to my latest album, there was quite a few different bits of experimentation involved. The tracks are taken from about the span of a year, when I first got a Rytm and began incorporating it into my setup and sound, and so to nail down exactly how any one bit was created is a little difficult. I'll explain the best I can though, generally.

For the most, I've got Ableton Live 'controlling' my hardware. It's used to sync and process all audio, as well as triggering MIDI notes on my Evolver and Pulse 2. These are often just basic MIDI note clips in Ableton, though I do often use various Max For Live devices to vary/create the MIDI events sent to the synths. Ableton is providing compressor/reverb/misc effects on various channels of audio at any moment, sometimes through sends/returns.

I can control (most) of this through Ableton at any moment (via Push or a Faderfox UC4 I've got mapped to control a few particular things in Ableton). A lot of these things vary by patch (particular synth patches won't recognize external audio, etc.) and the overall routings of this-to-that-to-this have been changed multiple times over the last year. All audio is routed into Ableton via a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 interface. My Rytm is almost always running its own patterns, and is only slaved to Ableton for tempo/start/stop sync.

As to hardware, I've got various components of audio running through a hardware mixer that is sometimes sent directly to Ableton, sometimes sent elsewhere (Alesis Quadraverb, guitar pedals, back into other hardware), often both. This allows me to process the sources of audio through a few different analog and digital sources, as well as allow the audio to trigger events on some synths. Some sounds gets doubled or tripled in what other things they effect, sometimes they get muted and only their effects on other things are heard. As you might imagine, it can sometimes get a little out of control, but that's on purpose :)

Basically, I've got various controls of a variety of hardware and software effects that works specifically for my sounds, but is also very much a result of the setup. Changing the setup entirely can be drastic, but with the way it is currently, changing even a simple thing (a patch on a synth, changing the external audio processed into Rytm via its onboard compressor, etc.) can have HUGE effects. I'm currently very happy with it, but I'm always tweaking it every few weeks/month or so, rerouting, etc.

Any more specific questions, or if I wasn't very clear and anyone wants some more detail, just ask, I'll answer the best I can!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ hope you're all enjoying the album  :catfallen:

here's some new tunes for free, they felt like winter > spring songs so i thought it was a good idea to put them out now

so here you are, i hope you enjoy them as well

[bandcamp width=350 height=470 album=4038464607 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the free code (j6he-ekfr).  Sounding great so far.  Deep complex hardware jams  :music:

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it :)

Everyone else, go grab the rest and share them with friends. I've got more codes I haven't even posted.

a2585261096_10.jpg

[bandcamp width=350 height=621 album=2213242152 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]

28:02 of new music. beats and ambient synth lushness and reverb and delay and digital noisiness (if you purchase and get the bonus tracks).

each recorded in one take; eigenlicht was written and recorded in an hour. all variations on a theme inspired by sunrose. unedited except light mastering. listen and share, thanks.

Thanks! Glad to hear y'all are enjoying. :flower: 

May be posting some secret stuff for followers on my Bandcamp soon as well so go do that if you haven't yet (don't even have to buy anything I think, just follow me there) or PM me if you're not on Bandcamp but interested. Probably going to be some acid/braindance/quickndirtyshitz  :braindance: 

:catsalute:  

• 4 weeks later...

Some free codes for my most recent proper album. Go to http://tsrono.bandcamp.com/yum and enter in one of the codes and download it for free.

attachicon.giferyth2.JPG

Friendly reminder that there's still some free codes in the picture ^ for erythric limnes :)

Also enpointe (more loose/minimal/beat tape style collection of bits) is free and might be to your liking. https://tsrono.bandcamp.com/album/enpointe

:beer: 

• 2 weeks later...

Great beats man!

Bought eos & axis.  Ace stuff - getting better with every release imo.

erythric limnes

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the support (be it monetary or just listening!), tell a friend/give out download codes/whatever :)

a1763364847_10.jpg

https://tsrono.bandcamp.com/album/alluvial

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=4288370569 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]

Was going to give this one away to fans only via Bandcamp but holy fuck is that complicated and would cost money so...they're free. Three tracks of dirty noisy off-kilter weirdness. For those about to weird-groove, we salute you.

Edited by auxien

a1763364847_10.jpg

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=4288370569 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]

Was going to give this one away to fans only via Bandcamp but holy fuck is that complicated and would cost money so...they're free. Three tracks of dirty noisy off-kilter weirdness. For those about to weird-groove, we salute you.

lol

tracks are sounding great as always. ;0

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

a1763364847_10.jpg

lol

tracks are sounding great as always. ;0

Haha I mean, yeah the music actually does kinda sound like that? Second guessing my writing choices now almost, thanks bulky G! :emotawesomepm9: 

Appreciate it though 4reelz  :beer: