IGNORED

Novation Circuit

kcinsu

• 7 months later...

Just ordered one. They introduced sample import ability so that sold it for me. You can load in a minutes worth of samples (not a terrible amount of samples but still a huge improvement over nothing), and there's a desktop editor for designing patches.

Just ordered one. They introduced sample import ability so that sold it for me. You can load in a minutes worth of samples (not a terrible amount of samples but still a huge improvement over nothing), and there's a desktop editor for designing patches.

its a software update ?

Sorry i´have no clue about hardware stuff.

its a software update ?

Yessir.... Check it out

https://components.novationmusic.com

its a software update ?

Yessir.... Check it out

https://components.novationmusic.com

holy sheee thanks

• 2 months later...

yet another update.. now I really want one

hopefully in the next update they make it possible to change length of each drum pattern. That said, I think I'm gonna buy one tomorrow. I looked at the editor today at work and it seems irrationally deep for a little groovebox.

Nice play vid Modey, seen that they've incorporated sample import a few firmware upgrades ago(?), should've been there from the beginning, no? (& some kind of sd card slot). Anyways, sample import makes it a lot more interesting to purchase, not being stuck with stock sounds. 

Thanks!

Yeah sample import came in at v1.2.. that said, the above video is just using the factory sounds; I haven't even used the synth editor yet..

Lack of sd card slot isn't a big deal for me, it's just another step in the process of getting samples on to the unit. Hopefully Novation develops a non-web based sample import app though!

thanks! I'm really loving this thing. It's not perfect but it is very easy to get something nice going. I was just playing around with the patch editor today and managed to just stumble upon a nice ambient IDM thing out of nowhere. Might have to post another video tonight..

• 10 months later...

I'm considering buying one of these for a friend. He's been wanting to get back into music making for a while but he doesn't have the time and just wants something that he can quickly create something with. I was thinking about buying the three main Volcas, but the fact you can hook the Circuit up to Ableton Live and that it automatically syncs up is pretty nifty.

So my question is: how easy is it to use? I've seen a bunch of videos of people using it so far and I can't seem to wrap my head around how on Earth you're able to decipher what does what and all the knobs seem to do a million things. It may be a whole different experience when you're actually sitting in front of it though.

I missed Modey's last video when this thread was new, good stuff.  Makes me think of the Super Bomberman games for SNES to be honest, and that's a high compliment from me.

Archived