Recording @ Orlando 2015-10-10

Here's tonight's show at The Social recorded on a Sony ICD-SX1000 with soundman binaural mics. I'm pretty happy with the quality besides a heinous amount of audience chatter.

But, man, what a night. It was as much a physical experience as an aural one, and my eyes were closed nearly the whole time. We felt shaken and assaulted walking out of the venue. It definitely sounded like Exai further explored, extraordinarily rhythmic and consistently dance-able - at least way more than I predicted it would be. Feeling it in my throat is on quite another level.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

The file is 320kbps, 60 min 16 sec

This is my first 'bootleg', and I forgot to switch to .wav so this is the highest quality available.

Autechre - Orlando 2015-10-10 (Live).mp3

Edited by Rpeg
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gregminton

thanks for doing this. I was there last night and didn't hear half of this. the sub bass was so intense that it over powered a lot of what has going on. even better show than i thought on playback.

Guest gregminton

right on, good to hear I wasn't the only one thinking the bass was a bit much. I wore plugs too and i think that was part of the problem. my ear plugs must have filtered most of the mid range content out of the show. i'm hearing great stuff in this recording that I didn't get last night. still had a great time. couldn't stop dancing.

Thanks for sharing, really a great recording! Best so far from this tour? I want to compile and upload the best to the download section so that they're easy to find later, which ones are also worth including?

Awesome!! I was really hoping someone would have recorded it as it was my first ae show. This'll be great to save if just for the memories alone. Thanks man :)

Just curious, where were you standing to record this?

Edited by crono3

I'm happy I could share this with y'all. The mic is already worth the investment.

I would be stoked if someone wanted to tidy the audio up a bit. I considered playing with levels but I don't really know what I am doing.

Awesome!! I was really hoping someone would have recorded it as it was my first ae show. This'll be great to save if just for the memories alone. Thanks man :)

Just curious, where were you standing to record this?

I was in the center of the pit, 2 rows from the front. The guy with the beard wearing binaural mics that look like headphones earbuds. I actually got a couple stares during the show from fans confused (I imagine) because they could not understand why someone would put in earbuds at a concert

Edited by Rpeg

Lol, I don't recall seeing someone with headphones, but I bet you might be in some of my photos. I was hanging out on the left side by the railing. Can't wait to check out this recording!

Which mikes did you buy?

sound man binaurals, 'OKM II Rock Studio' which look like this ('earbuds' really):

post-16664-0-31899200-1444603554_thumb.jpg

They can tolerate up to 142dB, so they're pretty much built for concert taping or professional live recording. Easy to bring past security too.

Wow, lots of amazing stuff happening in that set. Love the recording. One grape though: where's the groove? If there is one, it is a seriously fucked dissonant piece of disturbed rhythm. If the music was a heart patient, I would put it in a hospital.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now