Sign in to follow this  
Rubin Farr

Back to the Future Part II Thread

I woke up this morning to find a brand new 4x4 in my driveway, and my house full of rich person stuff. I think I got drunk and robbed someone last night.

After today I never want to hear about Back to the Future again.

BttF2 was my favorite movie when I was eight years old. In fact, that was about the time Crystal Pepsi came out. The future was so fashionable back then.

*listening to Power Of Love on loop*

Yah, I've been waiting for October 21, 2015 for ~25 years. I got the Burger King solar shades when the film was in the cinema, and I was just dreeeaming of and so looking forward to the ridiculously far away future of 2015 where we'd have flying cars and hoverboards. It's really fucking incredible, this whole... passing of time phenomenon.

I'm looking for events in Tokyo to celebrate, but whatever the case, it's more of an existential acid trip spiritual day to contemplate passing of time. I VERY MUCH REMEMBER DREAMING OF THIS FUTURE TIME. I remember being in the Burger King parking lot with my future-so-cool solar shades, feeling as if I had an article from the future that was a reminder that 2015 would be badass and all my dreams would come true. I used to still draw back then, but I didn't think I'd end up an artist/designer. I thought I'd go to MIT and become an inventor (now my floor is full of random electronics components and failed flux capacitors, so I guess part of it did sort of come true).

If I dressed up for BTTF Day, I suppose I could be Jason Scott Lee in Griff's gang; all cyberpunk dudes who prolly listen to the 2015 version of Atari Teenage Riot. (...The only Asian person in Hill Valley is a fuckin' punk on future-crank, wtf.)

I'm still awaiting my ganj shipment, but hopefully it arrives in time to *time travel*. Or maybe I'll pickup and shove some e up my ass and roll hard in the Tokyo streets, stumbling around in an orange vest going... "No... No, this can't be right...! ...This must be a different time... a different place..... ...EVERYBODY'S JAPANESE!!!" Then Doc pops out of nowhere like, "...But I can't imagine Japan to be much more Japanese." Doc informs me that indeed we were in Hill Valley but in an alternate timeline: Due to the success of the Sony Walkman, Japan was allowed to freely take over the world with good food and used schoolgirl panties. Then Goldie Wilson Jr. pops out of nowhere talking about how times have changed, but it's really just a Japanese dude in blackface, cuz that shit is still acceptable in 2015 Japan.

I miss getting spoiled with good Japanese food on a daily basis. I'll take it.

Guest bitroast

LOL good stuff.

I still notice new or forgotten things when we watch the movies, like that Twin Pines Mall becomes Lone Pine Mall bc Marty ran over the pine tree at Peabody's farm, or that Doc Brown bribes the cop who asks him for a weather permit in 1955.

Guest bitroast

LOL good stuff.

I still notice new or forgotten things when we watch the movies, like that Twin Pines Mall becomes Lone Pine Mall bc Marty ran over the pine tree at Peabody's farm, or that Doc Brown bribes the cop who asks him for a weather permit in 1955.

hahaha.

yeah totally. i felt pretty on board with the film. saw it at cinema year or so back and it was a full-ish house screening, full of fans obviously.

i never realised how crammed with tiny jokes the film was (specifically talking the first one here) until that night. having people laugh at all the little jokes i missed. plus seeing the film on the big screen and finding it impossible to miss the tiny details. good stuff indeed.

Just saw Part II at the drafthouse, still funny and still my favorite of the trilogy. One little kid was dressed as Marty lol

Save me from this pop culture reference hell

Here's a page from the new comic that better explains what happened to Doc's house, and why he's living in his garage in the 80s:

0C63B534-20E1-47C4-8EF7-326B7A541AB0_zps

Yejcg24.gif

BotYEkF.jpg

I have the same watch as marty! :)

Look at that amazing lighting, wtf...

I've been permastone mode since BTTF Day, smoking up with Marty and Doc. They got some good shit from the Lybians.

Both BTTF day specifically and every Rubin Farr thread in general

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

WAKE ME UP INSIDE.PNG

(CAN’T WAKE UP).PNG

Screenshot_2015_10_24_21_21_38_copy.jpg

Personally I like both part 1 and 2, but 2 is more sci fi, has better FX and a more complex plot.

There is also an animated series that takes place in 1991, but is only considered semi-canon.

Guest bitroast

preferred 2 as a kid.

now i prefer 1 to 2 but 2 is also good. prefer 2 to 3 but 3 is also good. but 1 is most solid and enjoyable in own right.

The first film is a masterpiece. II and III are also good, but by that time, MJF was already a superstar, which maybe affected his performance. The first film has solid performances all around. First film was a work of love-- II and III let some tiny stuff slide.

Edit: oh yah, I also preferred II as a kid "cuz, future", which was retarded of me.

Edited by peace 7

Edit: oh yah, I also preferred II as a kid "cuz, future", which was retarded of me.

Exactly the same for me - 2 as a kid, 1 when all growned up.