IGNORED

Kangding Ray - Cory Arcane

usagi

new LP, up for preorder, out Oct 30

12113529_10153229508913004_3412346500533

can't find a tracklist yet.

getting into some different territory conceptually, it looks like. the cover and promo blurb makes this sound like a concept album, as opposed to previous records which were pretty abstract and austere.

HIPSTER ALBUM COVER ALERT

ha yeah that's the only thing I dislike about this release so far. never been a fan of androgynous weird haircut people on album covers.

maybe I should be more accepting of androgynous weird haircut people on album covers though since it seems like the cool thing to do nowadays.

I run into Kandingray here in there, he's a great guy looking forward to get this one as collectors edition.
Anyways not sure about the RN collector editions, the cover is not included but an artprint, it has not much more to offer, just this art print, for this release it is white label vinyl and the artprint signed by him. Dasha Rush CE was just the art print which is nice, but going for the double price I was a little disappointed!

Guest Enter a new display name

I like. Although, didn't really feel Solens Arc. Still good.

This. I was not sure about Kangding Ray's techno direction in Solens Arc but Cory Arcane is very solid (particularly the first few tracks). I will preorder the vinyl before it gets rare really fast like the previous album.

• 1 month later...

My LE copy arrived the other day, it's quite nice and really happy to have KR's signature, I've been a big fan for a while. The art print is a bit naff but I'm not really into the cover artwork anyway. Fantastic record, lovely mix of KR's sound design and cyberpunk vibes.

• 8 months later...

Archived