IGNORED

David Bowie - Blackstar

kaini

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty excited for this album. The songs available so far are great. I can't wait to hear "Somewhere" especially.

My mother was the one who got me into Bowie from a young age. She knows that BoC is my favorite band. She does like some of BoC's music, but she would never listen to it on her own. When I told her that Bowie is releasing a new album she got excited. When I told her that one of the songs is heavily inspired by a BoC song, her jaw dropped lol. She was expecting that news as much as me, I guess.

My old drum teacher plays drums on this record

fucking amazing band to back Bowie

glad to see him gettin' his weird on again

your old drum teacher is pretty fucking awesome

yeah he's a beast

he was also on the cover of Modern Drummer a couple months ago

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

i dont mind the beatles. i especially like revolver and abby road. but most of their albums are pretty all over the shop with mix of good/bad songs.

even beatles fans i've spoked to seem to be taken aback when i bring this up. like "oh.. dude. you're not supposed to actually listen to the albums." or some weird counter argument like that, bringing up that their good songs are still better and more innovative than anything other bands were doing at the time / ever. it's weird.

i'm definitely a bowie fan over beatles.

Archived