IGNORED

David Bowie - Blackstar

kaini

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the beatles SUCK they didn't even have a single good song music sucked back then anyway lmao

They obviously don't suck, I like them, I just hate them in equal measure 'cause I'm sick of my whole life being told how incredibly magnificent they are by every Tom, Dick and Harry. Just does my head in tbh. Always has done and always will.

For some reason Lazarus is 10x better in context of the album. 'Girl Loves Me' sounds like it could be the Boards of Canada-inspired song? Some killer vocals in that one, too.

Something about the drum production sounds a little too clean to me at times. Probably an aesthetic taste thing.

January 10 2016

David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief.

http://www.davidbowie.com/news/january-10-2016-55521

No fucking way!!! I just came here to say this is one of his best albums to date... maybe the greatest. What an epitaph. This really was the perfect way for him to exit the world. I am both deeply saddened and in total awe. Looks like it's time for a midnight walk and another listen.

Guest Chesney

Don't be like that, don't let the greed win, Play it, enjoy it, that means more than anything.

Fuck people using this as a money spinner, Shame, SHAME!

Hadn't listened to this until today. What a solid and haunting release now we have the context. The theme of death is rife throughout the album, yet no review seemed to have connected the dots - most seem to think the theme was symbolic.

yeah he totally knew he was going to die when he wrote the songs. I had the impression it was meant to be some sort of abstract interpretation of the last days of jesus but its directly connected to bowies death.

Archived