IGNORED

Joyrex

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was just a beta test - I know for a fact due to be being told by Warp that the full store and access will go live soon.

Fixt

I can't confirm nor deny anything at this point :sleep:

I can neither confirm nor deny my boner at this point also

This was just a beta test - I know for a fact due to be being told by Warp that the full store and access will go live soon.

Fixt

I can't confirm nor deny anything at this point :sleep:

I can neither confirm nor deny my boner at this point also

I can confirm mine.

Guest Chesney

I hate to talk like a fanboy, I do not condone extreme fanboy talk but fuck me, i'm 2 soundboards down and my mind is mush. This is the most forward thinking music without really trying to be that I have heard for maybe forever. But yet it's nice and familiar because they have been around for so long.

I find this far more eyeopening than any of their later albums. It's palette is almost the opposite, not cold, stark and wide but up front, dense and in your face. Huge sound.

Bravo.

Well of course but it's certainly not DJing. ;) jk

Not DJing but a cleverly programmed rules that give sophisticated results with minimum input. It must have been a hard work to create.

Is an instrument any less of an instrument if each interaction produces multiple outcomes?

Nah, depression is not for me, I really struggle to write dark stuff nowadays.

I'm happy with my sound really, what I really meant was that for a live recording it's far more future sounding than anything current that is trying purposely to be the next thing. Not naming any names.

Yeah, for sure. It's certainly put my recent live sets in perspective, brought me down to earth a bit. I need to stop trying to make techno bangers and get back to my idm roots with the monomachine heh

I hate to talk like a fanboy, I do not condone extreme fanboy talk but fuck me, i'm 2 soundboards down and my mind is mush. This is the most forward thinking music without really trying to be that I have heard for maybe forever. But yet it's nice and familiar because they have been around for so long.

I find this far more eyeopening than any of their later albums. It's palette is almost the opposite, not cold, stark and wide but up front, dense and in your face. Huge sound.

Bravo.

agreed 100%, the only thing I'd add is that while it is some of the most interesting forward thinking music i've heard in forever, it's also some of the most fun and freeform electronic stuff i've heard in that vein also. Most 'forward thinking' electronic music even the kind that is great tends to be very clinical and often times overly detailed. What I love about this is its simultaneously Autechre at their most improv/jammy, stripped down and it doesn't take away anything AT ALL from being able to fully appreciate their genius. The partial rawness of these recordings only increases the appreciation for me.

The only similar thing they've done is arguably Quaristice but moreso Quadrange, and I feel at the time they made those albums they were transitioning into a new era of techniques and collaboration methods. This feels like the perfection and culmination of that technique, arguably some of the most if not the single most powerful/impressive/game changing release they've ever put out.

fucking hell

Guest bitroast

would love to hear an oversteps (melbourne *cough cough*) soundboard set if anything from that area existed.

don't think the fans mind too much if the recording has glitches or distortions or isn't perfect ( look at the fan made recordings we normally listen to! ).

these 4x soundboards that have been released sound super expert and perfectly done which is fucking AMAZING. but would still love to hear some previous stuff even if it doesn't fall under the AMAZING category :):):)

Guest Chesney

Bravo.

agreed 100%, the only thing I'd add is that while it is some of the most interesting forward thinking music i've heard in forever, it's also some of the most fun and freeform electronic stuff i've heard in that vein also. Most 'forward thinking' electronic music even the kind that is great tends to be very clinical and often times overly detailed. What I love about this is its simultaneously Autechre at their most improv/jammy, stripped down and it doesn't take away anything AT ALL from being able to fully appreciate their genius. The partial rawness of these recordings only increases the appreciation for me.

The only similar thing they've done is arguably Quaristice but moreso Quadrange, and I feel at the time they made those albums they were transitioning into a new era of techniques and collaboration methods. This feels like the perfection and culmination of that technique, arguably some of the most if not the single most powerful/impressive/game changing release they've ever put out.

fucking hell

yep, you can merge that into my thoughts too man ;)

I'm hoping they're staggering the invites so everyone doesnt swamp the server like the feindish AE gimps we are. Fucking amazing work guys and finally means I can have a proper wiggle in Manc instead of holding my recorder in my sweaty paw for an hour.

Still waiting for my invite tho I hope xmas comes early :(

uhhhhh... have been gone for three weeks and trying to get up to speed. signed up for the mailing list but how do you get to the soundboards? are they free or paid? wthell is going on?

Guest bitroast

4 soundboards from 2014.

paid.

AE_LIVE_KRAKOW_200914

AE_LIVE_BRUSSELS_031014

AE_LIVE_UTRECHT_221114

AE_LIVE_DUBLIN_191214

got all 4. mp3s for $$$12.50 : >

Bravo.

fucking hell

Yeah i couldn't agree more with all this. Listened to Utrecht on nice headphones last night. I honestly think that is the most technically incredible piece of music i've ever heard. Every section was just oozing with character, and even with so much going on at once, every little sound sat so perfectly in the mix. I truly can't comprehend how this was made by humans, like it blows my mind that these sounds were crafted by someone, they sound so fucking real like living things or something i dunno, i'm just overwhelmed by how good these guys have got, i can't think of anyone who's even close the level they're working at.

Really loved the ambient sections in the Utrecht set as well, some really breathtaking soundscapes.

ae are too next level.

Well of course but it's certainly not DJing. ;) jk

Not DJing but a cleverly programmed rules that give sophisticated results with minimum input. It must have been a hard work to create.

Is an instrument any less of an instrument if each interaction produces multiple outcomes?

Sorry, I don't understand the point. Please, explain.

yeah the details in these are compeling. i swear i can hear 18 (keyosc) in all sets (8:21 in Krakow) as well as many Exai/L-event types of sound... so I dunno why they couldn't be considered Exai tour... but at the same time i can see the live and programming aspects in a different, more dynamic way :wacko:

i paid $18.50 for the WAVs and found it weird the individual track tag prices were $11 for Brussels and $2.50 for the other ones. Bought them all but I wonder what could explain that difference

this is pure gold

yeah the details in these are compeling. i swear i can hear 18 (keyosc) in all sets (8:21 in Krakow) as well as many Exai/L-event types of sound... so I dunno why they couldn't be considered Exai tour... but at the same time i can see the live and programming aspects in a different, more dynamic way :wacko:

i paid $18.50 for the WAVs and found it weird the individual track tag prices were $11 for Brussels and $2.50 for the other ones. Bought them all but I wonder what could explain that difference

this is pure gold

I think the price difference is just because you purchased all four together, so got a lil discount. They're all the same price individually but when bought together 3 of them get discounted. Nothing to do with the actual set as far as i know

yeah the details in these are compeling. i swear i can hear 18 (keyosc) in all sets (8:21 in Krakow) as well as many Exai/L-event types of sound...

this is pure gold

I heard lots of this too, even when I saw them at the Vancouver show during the NA tour. It would only be 3-5 aeconds but it would immediately jump out and register as exai or l event

this is pure gold

I think the price difference is just because you purchased all four together, so got a lil discount. They're all the same price individually but when bought together 3 of them get discounted. Nothing to do with the actual set as far as i know

if you purchase just one, individually, the rest will be discounted automatically. i got the Dublin flac for $11, two days ago.. checked the site today, and the others are only $2.50 apiece

Archived