IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

none imo...

the closest we got is in that Slovenian radio interview where they said they would need a body of decent recorded sets to choose from, referring to sets from the current euro tour. Said they haven't got any which were good enough during the first week of touring, if I understood correctly.

Not quite sure what they mean tho.. Are they not quite 100% pleased with their performanc? or is it just the recordings which somehow came out sub par..?

anyway it could be a reason why there are no US tour sets available.

Yes, I agree. That bit in the Slovenian interview is what actually triggered my thinking of it again. I had been kind of wondering if that material would be distilled into a single, individual-tracked "album" or document of some sort which might be available as a physical release, but unless it becomes part of some sort of archival boxed set (or something to that effect) in the future, I kind of doubt that it will happen. It seems that they've moved on, which certainly doesn't surprise me.

Edited by Mic

I was kind of thinking they might get on a cycle of releasing the tour-before's once they're done with the most recent. Follow me here: right after AENA ended (mid October 2015) they released the AE_LIVE stuff (Oct 31-Dec) which was from 2014/2015. So they went home after touring North America and immediately listened to the previous round of live stuff, and released it in two big chunks. If they do the same or similar this time, after this tour is over they go home and review the previous stuff from AENA and maybe release some of it? Hopefully? Would love to have the Austin set I was at in HQ Soundboard with weirdo tDR artwork. :D

That's all just speculation/hopes of course.

But anyway, what I came here to post: AE_LIVE Dublin has such fucking attitude. 46:45, that track there, fucking balls, just huge fucking balls. All over Dublin though, lots of aggression and confidence.

not sure if this is the right topic but someone on the FB group mentioned they chatted to Sean and Rob after a recent show and they apparently said they'll be releasing soundboards for this tour as well

https://www.facebook.com/groups/169083976437695/permalink/1362671543745593/

Been listening to the lives a lot recently (2nd batch especially) and I'm starting to know the sets.

And, well, Krems is killer, it really sounds like they're having fun without being wanky. Perfect set really, the first part really stands out !

Guest bitroast

*if they get a decent recording of it (one they're happy with)

So far they haven't, according to them.

wasn't there discrepancies between bootleg recordings of krakow and the aelive officially released version ?

or was it (if anything) something as simple as editing down audio bits away and tightening the set, making the overall length shorter ?

or am i completely wrong here haha.  

• 5 months later...

Having lived with these soundboards (1 through 9) for over a year and a half now, I find myself wishing they had shifted up the setlist a bit more from gig to gig, because I've ended up listening to the first 30 or 40 minutes of each set MUCH more often than the last half or third. Even when I do get through to the later parts of the set, I'm typically mentally and aurally fatigued enough from the first half that I don't find I have the faculties to fully appreciate what's going on, which is a problem I don't encounter with AE's work when I can listen track by track (yes, I know WATMM has provided track indexing, and I have split these recordings up into individual tracks myself, but without track names I sadly have a lot of trouble digesting them; they're just a huge unapproachable mess with not enough variation from set to set).

It seems like they've addressed this fatigue issue in the more recent 2016 sets by playing in a more blown out ambient style, but they still seem to be playing everything in a very specific order. This is less than ideal for me, as without more recognizable divergence from set to set, I'm worried I'll run into the same issue of finding the first 30/40 minutes very familiar, and leaving the last 30 minutes or so more neglected, unexplored territory. They may also address this problem by releasing fewer sets, as to be less overwhelming, though that feels kind of antithetical to this literally awesome and totally overwhelming "milk it for all it's worth" strategy they've taken since AE_LIVE.

In any case, now, when I find myself listening to the AE_LIVE recordings, I typically am only listening to the second half of whichever performance I'm diving into, which is a bit jarring and hardly an ideal listening experience. Regardless, it's nice to come back to these and hear new bits after spending a year grokking ELSEQ - for instance, I'm just now hearing a twisted version of the "7th slip" intro synth stabs around the 49 minute mark of the Dour set  :music:

Has anyone else here come across this problem with the AE_LIVE recordings? Any elegant solutions I'm missing?

I've tried something like this, but I probably didn't go far enough. I'm going to load all 9 to my shoutcast server and just stream it for months so I have no control over what's playing when I tune in. PM me for the link to the cast if you also want this WATMM

Edited by subnode

• 2 weeks later...

Utrecht is best. Not 100% sure why, but every time I listen to it I catch myself thinking "this one is the best of them" so I'm just going to trust my gut.

Utrecht is def the most, er, approachable? ie it's the poppiest one? I like it a lot too.

My fave though is Dublin. That's the reeeaaallly masturbatory one. Everything gets obliterated into fractal cum dust.

• 5 months later...

yeah, forgetaboutit!! we dont need you anymore mr.autechre; we have our acid master ronaldo simmons and the genius of aleksi perala. clonudi rocks, maaan! checkitout!