IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

Does everyone (anyone?) see the opening track as being, basically, acdwn1, assuming acdwn2 from elseq is a radical reinterpretation of the live track?

acdc deffo partially sharing palette with intro electro from live. but much more carefully laid out, also riffier. vekosish. a jam, it is.

Anyone hears a muted vocal sample in Chicago at 14:30? Dope!! Wasnt aware that robs&seans are such gifted singers...

These sets are just keep on delivering...

Does everyone (anyone?) see the opening track as being, basically, acdwn1, assuming acdwn2 from elseq is a radical reinterpretation of the live track?

It doesnt have any of the elements that make acdwn what it is> the untilted-like rhythmic pattern, the space between the discrete repetitions, the melody, the brooding tone in the background.. imo not even close, its just a live track using different patches, with maybe a bit of overlap in sound source

Edited by Marked x 0ne

It doesnt have any of the elements that make acdwn what it is [...] the melody [...]

it pretty much does tho, same key and everything... The squelchy lead melody synth sound also is pretty much the same in my ears. tempo / groove is also at least very similar. dunno.

Edited by jaderpansen

It doesnt have any of the elements that make acdwn what it is> the untilted-like rhythmic pattern, the space between the discrete repetitions, the melody, the brooding tone in the background.. imo not even close, its just a live track using different patches, with maybe a bit of overlap in sound source

The same cadence/phraseology (as if of speech) and emphasis as well. They are dramatically different, but I think it's probably fair to suspect that they're different offshoots of the same creature. AE would have to confirm, of course.

^^ to each his/her own, there is tons of subtle cross referencing in all ae since exai.  to me it just doesnt have any of the best elements of acdwn2, including the 3 note/pad melody that emphasizes the start and stop of the beat

I decided to start off with one from the beginning of the new sets and one from the end, before I eventually go through them all... Chicago & San Fran, pretty contrasting imo. Chicago is a bit of a "dryer" set, less reverb, fx and chaos. San Fran though, seems like it's ready to go off the rails at any moment. 

I became a fan in early 2015 and I have to say I'm feeling blessed to have become a fan right at that time lol. it feels like we're living in the golden age of Autechre tbqfh

like they just went super saiyan these last 4-5 years releasing an insane amount of music and nearly all of it ranks among the best of their discography imo. I think they've reached a new zenith in a career that already has so many high points, and as much as I love every one of their releases over the years the most recent stuff is on another level. Both on a musical and artistic level, and on a technical level - their current computer system for creating music is such a mindblowing collection of software and no one in the world can understand it but them. 

I honestly can't get over it, it's so fucking exciting to be listening to this music, it honestly brings me a lot of joy. also have to say it's insane that the size of their releases is practically exponentially increasing. I'm pretty sure they're gonna keep going until they cause a singularity

Edited by jetski

i got into them at pretty much the time as you, and yeah, completely agreed about the last 4-5 years. the stuff in the early 2010s was already great, but it seems like since exai there's been a shift where their music has gotten even freer / more unfettered than it already was, and that's created space for them to reach even greater heights. (wish i had a less corny way to put that last part smh)

Edited by Guest

I decided to start off with one from the beginning of the new sets and one from the end, before I eventually go through them all... Chicago & San Fran, pretty contrasting imo. Chicago is a bit of a "dryer" set, less reverb, fx and chaos. San Fran though, seems like it's ready to go off the rails at any moment.

Just listened to SF earlier tonight (twice). And I think it's neck N neck with Chicago as my favorite so far.

So fucking sick. Especially after the 20 minute mark.

Denver is #3.

Grafenhainichen is still my favorite of the first 9... And right under Denver.

So far, anyway. I still have about 10 I have yet to listen to.

And, as it always is with AE, I'm sure this will change many times in the future.

=P

I was just thinking the other day about the 2008 live patches they released, and how mind blowing it would be to discover some AE_LIVE patches in a hidden folder on their website 10 years from now!