IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

I wonder if Perlence Losid 2 could exist in heated liquid form. That would make the perfect beverage for that mug.

Regardless, release-themed mugs might not be a idea for the AE_STORE. Could be lucrative.

The same scope as Rick & Morty or Angry Birds... 

But limited. 

AE fans love limited shit.

<gets ready to call a meth dealer and hit CTRL+R for the next 365 days straight>

Haven't downloaded the deluge of new live shows but I'm curious to know if this is Exai live stuff? does it feature any of the new nts tracks too?

Sounds closer to Elsex than NTS imo. I did not hear any Exai tracks within the live sets but they were made using the same system tho.

Exai sounds to me more and more like a sketch of what would later become AE_LIVE / Elseq / NTS ! And it's my least favorite release of the bunch :shrug:

philadelphia

from

00:00

to

1:03:34

ftfy

:)

really good set all around imo, the section you pointed out is v nice too, but this is imo one of the better sets that hit my ears. still making my way through the new stuff, so much!

Review by RA: https://www.residentadvisor.net/reviews/23512 

"As ever with Autechre, if you don't get it, you don't get it. To plenty it's just noise. And amen to that. In this age of constant availability and musical snacking, isn't it nice to have an act on a big stage willing to present something daunting, something that threatens to overwhelm you? Because this is overwhelming music, and it does test your faculties at points—but it is also music of pleasure, just as much as anything in Autechre's catalogue. It isn't austere, it isn't clever-clever, it isn't something that requires masters degrees to understand—it just needs you to give in to it. And maybe that's why, more than anyone of their generation, Autechre still feel relevant. Their music makes sense in the era of Objekt, NON Worldwide, PAN and UIQ. It's radical, but still aimed at the brain and body with that pure rave intensity, humour and passion, and with that improvisational wildness and freedom always either latent or—as here—out in the open. It is out of its mind and all the better for it."

All of this is coolio but wtf with the rating? 4,1/5... please stop...  

I like Joe Muggs' review of one of their live shows where he pretends that he went into it really skeptical that a couple of middle-class white guys could be making good/relevant music, and then the recommended article underneath was another one by him titled "How Warp Records Changed My Life."

I like Joe Muggs' review of one of their live shows where he pretends that he went into it really skeptical that a couple of middle-class white guys could be making good/relevant music, and then the recommended article underneath was another one by him titled "How Warp Records Changed My Life."

https://theartsdesk.com/new-music/autechre-royal-festival-hall 

this1?

why even mention skin colour. i legit dont understand that. i was at that one, skin colours pir l-event... just wtf

guy's an idiot. I recall he once wrote an article about how brostep was unfairly maligned and actually boasted really good production values including plenty of bassweight.

lol @ bassweight

muggs' interview with them around elseq was good.  havent yet read that show review tho. ra has plenty of good features but been noticing a bit more p4k worthy cringe over the last year or so.

he's not an idiot! I just think it's funny how in reviews he always pretends like he's not a typical geeky white IDM guy when he clearly is. when he praises IDM type music he always adds that "it works just as well in the club as it does for home listening" lol

don't really see how you could contest that brostep has good production...

I can. good doesn't just mean skilled. also he specifically wrote that article to prop brostep up against the original UK shit and that to me is utterly indefensible.

https://theartsdesk.com/new-music/autechre-royal-festival-hall 

this1?

why even mention skin colour. i legit dont understand that. i was at that one, skin colours pir l-event... just wtf

It was painful to read, dude's a proper trendy "leftist" bitch. Though it seems almost homogenous now, i opened the Wire Rewind 2018 issue and it was all over the place.