IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

yikes indeed. on another note.. the comparison was mentioned many times in the nts megathread, but ive been re-obsessing over fusion miles and the way his band could maintain a groove over long-form tracks while each instrument is expressive and independent within the whole.  not to get hyper-analytic about it but just to say that this era of miles and recent autechre really compliment one another for me, and when im in that mood i really enjoy to bounce between them freely.

yikes indeed. on another note.. the comparison was mentioned many times in the nts megathread, but ive been re-obsessing over fusion miles and the way his band could maintain a groove over long-form tracks while each instrument is expressive and independent within the whole. not to get hyper-analytic about it but just to say that this era of miles and recent autechre really compliment one another for me, and when im in that mood i really enjoy to bounce between them freely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODNbsRI8mDg

Yeah mang fully.

I got a box set of late 70s Miles around the time of NTS, I was seeing parallels everywhere.

Jack Johnson and On The Corner I feel have the most parallels. Especially the title track of the latter, the way the snare kind of seems to slip around the beat.

Agreed, especially On the Corner, and the long tracks from Get Up With It for me.  Super loose and groovy stuff.  Also the way melody is treated like a texture and the foreground/background seem to switch places remind me of autechre.  Bitches Brew and In a Silent Way (which I love..) have a sort of different vibe imo

Edited by Marked x 0ne

The box set for on the corner is def the closest thing to nts. Just variations on themes that go all over the place but stay there at the same time.

The box set for on the corner is def the closest thing to nts. Just variations on themes that go all over the place but stay there at the same time.

that actually sounds more like autechres quadrange EPs. 

DpQ9YJl.png

these releases feel like the ae equivalent of old megamixes of electro and house. everything packed together and happening at once, fast paced, etc.

Edited by Guest

DpQ9YJl.png

really? the quadrange stuff is the most hip hop oriented stuff they’ve done in ages to me.

seattle is probably my fav so far 4th straight listen, it's a standout for sure ... a lot of you were right.

There were a lot of strung-out arseholes at the actual show, but the ending sounded even better in person.

Edited by ambermonk

DpQ9YJl.png

really? the quadrange stuff is the most hip hop oriented stuff they’ve done in ages to me.

ah yep definitely. 

i was more makning reference to the alternate takes appearing. dumb analogy on my part :^)

seattle is probably my fav so far 4th straight listen, it's a standout for sure ... a lot of you were right.

There were a lot of strung-out arseholes at the actual show, but the ending sounded even better in person.

Yeh I get that, tbh it's very different listening to them live in person and at home or car or whatever so i can't hold judgement on ppl, i wish i had payed more attention and given more respect when they came to melbourne, it became to social which was kind of inevitable ...but it impacted the experience of actually listening to them negatively i feel.

seattle has such a focus on more playful repetition though, and it groves like hell, the seem to have found more of a purpose for some motifs as well, rhythmically or melodically speking... it feels separate from the others for me, like a different state of mind, dunno