IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

Interesting. And in combination with "Bleep Dispatch", which I hadn't seen before.

It looks like they're thinking about an alternative for Bandcamp. Sort of Bandcamp, but with some extra features on the logistical side and on the marketing side of the spectrum. More like Labelcamp, perhaps?

I was at the Dublin gig and this recording sounds 100x better than it did on the night. Primarily because it doesn't include the sound of dozens of pissed wankers talking all the way through it.

Why do people do that? And why aren't you allowed bring them out the back to kick their heads in?

Interesting. And in combination with "Bleep Dispatch", which I hadn't seen before.

It looks like they're thinking about an alternative for Bandcamp. Sort of Bandcamp, but with some extra features on the logistical side and on the marketing side of the spectrum. More like Labelcamp, perhaps?

ohhh. now i get it. i was wondering what is the point since they can sell digitals on bleep already. this would explain it and i bet thats it. cutting out the rigamarole of putting something out, but not doing it on bandcamp. give them their own-sub site so they can log in, upload some shit, set the price, done. beautiful.

Edited by very honest

Guess I'm a few days late, but just got done listening to the Brussels one. I definitely detect some overlap with the first three shows on this year's North America tour, especially about 40 minutes in. The ending is new to me though, those FM "bells". At least I think that's FM.

One down, three to go.

I was at the Dublin gig and this recording sounds 100x better than it did on the night. Primarily because it doesn't include the sound of dozens of pissed wankers talking all the way through it.

Why do people do that? And why aren't you allowed bring them out the back to kick their heads in?

I didn't notice the pissed wankers and just danced me socks off. Had a really excellent dance-off with a couple of chaps to the WUM-WUM-WUM bit - good times!

Yeah I would say almost everything they release divides fans to some degree, but I haven't seen a word of negativity regarding these.

drillkicker said it was "the worst thing sam & ron have ever done" or something

the music is so lively and raw, it's abstract but then it's often straightforward and hard-hitting.. snare hits like popcorn, short burst, rapid-fire artillery. they really delivered. considering the sheer volume of their output, and then they drop these super-rich recordings.. it's like, fuckin ae.. i can't get over it -- how good it is. a constant, living/breathing bounty

Yeah I would say almost everything they release divides fans to some degree, but I haven't seen a word of negativity regarding these.

I think s/he was referring to the way they were released, and not to the music itself.

Edited by Joseph

late to the party. had to come by to say this: now at last quarter of utrecht. can't take this. cerebral overloa*greatness* :crazy:

this is almost too great.

wow.

Has drillkicker ever had anything positive to say?

Just finished the Dublin recording about a half hour ago myself. On to Krakow next, then Utrecht to wrap it up.

That part where the creepy staccatos come in right before that "pseudo-dubstep" bass that's right in your face...that seems to be a staple, right in the middle of each recording. Same thing in Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver. I can never get over it. Makes me wanna convulse into a tribal dance.

It's my understanding that usually material from the live tours doesn't end up being on the album in the same form, as in, whatever the next studio album is, likely won't have material from this tour.

Is that correct?

sry Im still an autechre noob

Edited by StephenG

That '99 Coachella(?) soundboard included a track later on Confield, Pen Expers I think. The 2005-2007 shows had some parts that were later released as IO and Chenc9.

I haven't listened to all of the soundboards yet, but they do bring me back to the shows I attended in a pretty neat way. I would not be disappointed at all if the new album was a continuation of this stuff.

It's my understanding that usually material from the live tours doesn't end up being on the album in the same form, as in, whatever the next studio album is, likely won't have material from this tour.

Is that correct?

sry Im still an autechre noob

This is more and more true the more recent the live tour. If you go back to say 1998 or so they were playing material that I believe was either just released or just about to be released. And when I saw them in 1996 they played an extended version of Second Bad Vilbel and an extended version of Eutow (as well as probably other stuff from Tri Repetae that I didn't recognize). Even in 2005 they were playing a lot of stuff from Untilted after it was released. But more recently what you are saying has been holding up more and more as true; e.g. what everyone calls the "Oversteps tour" doesn't contain the same sounds as the album, but a lot of the same processes. And while the 2005 and 2008 tours contain recognizable Quaristice material (30 minutes of IO anyone? haha), there is much less Quaristice in the 2008 tour material as well. Anyway so generally over time there has been more of a separation of live and studio material. Of course with the AE_LIVE releases being studio quality, the line is now in some sense blurred. But in another sense I think this is just a "reset" on this material - like it was good enough to release directly and now they can focus on all-new studio material. At least that is my hope.

By the way, slightly OT, but based on all the other soundboards and live bootlegs I've heard, as well as their AAA comments on live material, my guess is that this store will not be a venue for older live recordings - I think this is probably the first time they've felt comfortable enough with the soundboards they have collected to release them with some small amount of retouching/remastering. I'm guessing the store will be for a combination of merch, future soundboards of future tours, and exclusive / nonexclusive studio releases. Read Sean's comments in question 1 of AAA - this release is consistent with a desire to release high quality soundboards that are planned out in advance, which they pretty clearly did, not so much with a desire to revisit past, perhaps patchier (at least to their ears) recordings. But I know this is well-covered territory.

[edit: question 2 not question 1 - and I like his reference to "milking it for all its worth"]

Edited by blanketforts

Agreed! A lot of detail lost due to incessant 'banter' that night.

I saw æ live twice a while ago, and loved what I heard... but never really got into any of their studio work. Which one of those live set would you guys recommend?