IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

i cant find the exact post, but whatever post it was wins 'most autism spectrum' award in most of the AE threads i've seen so far. It was something about how trying to dance to music people only do because they think they're supposed to And how dancing is outdated or something like that. If it was an Alco-style post, good job dude.

when i move my head or the rest of my body to Autechre i'm doing it most of the time because it's expected of me and it has absolutely nothing to do with a natural 'im feeling it' moment, in fact no one experiences that it's a myth/urban legend. We're dancing because we're told to, not because we want to

Edited by John Ehrlichman

The Safety Dance just popped into my head, out of all things in an Autechre thread...

safety dance? =/

dmx is my favorite drug

1-DMX-DMX_Speaks_On_The_Music_Industry_I\

:emotawesomepm9:

edit: lol you actually meant DMX.... I thought it was a DXM typo

Edited by StephenG

i cant find the exact post, but whatever post it was wins 'most autism spectrum' award in most of the AE threads i've seen so far. It was something about how trying to dance to music people only do because they think they're supposed to And how dancing is outdated or something like that. If it was an Alco-style post, good job dude.

when i move my head or the rest of my body to Autechre i'm doing it most of the time because it's expected of me and it has absolutely nothing to do with a natural 'im feeling it' moment, in fact no one experiences that it's a myth/urban legend. We're dancing because we're told to, not because we want to

humans have a natural soothing response to any steady, rhythmic pulse, due to the association from the mothers' heartbeat while in the womb. one can express the soothing effect by rocking or moving to it.

obviously teenagers don't want to look like babies, so we had to add the peer pressure thing where dancing to music is cool and enjoying the rhythm makes you trendy.

if we wern't told to dance, would we still do it? we'd probably still find it soothing to hear heartbeat/pulse sounds. maybe we'd all be masturbating excessively to them instead, who knows.

Krakow is so great. It gets better and better.

Whats my favourite chunk out the set that i think should be released as a single? 11:40 -18:45. Sublime. Damn, ae.

first half of Krakow has a satisfying 'edge'/aggressive vibe that's kinda lacking on the other three nights.

the music is super visual, too. four versions of one album, with bonus endings on Utrecht and Dublin.. too fucking good.

humans have a natural soothing response to any steady, rhythmic pulse, due to the association from the mothers' heartbeat while in the womb. one can express the soothing effect by rocking or moving to it.

obviously teenagers don't want to look like babies, so we had to add the peer pressure thing where dancing to music is cool and enjoying the rhythm makes you trendy.

if we wern't told to dance, would we still do it? we'd probably still find it soothing to hear heartbeat/pulse sounds. maybe we'd all be masturbating excessively to them instead, who knows.

sometimes 'dancing', or shifting your weight around, shuffling a bit eases the tedium of standing still in one spot, for an hour or more. also, it's not impossible to have synesthetic sorts of reactions to really visceral, percussive sounds.. something that might cause you to wince, or recoil. or you can sort of 'roll with the punches', as James "Lights Out" Toney.

Totally spontaneous

http://youtu.be/wZv62ShoStY

Totally spontaneous

http://youtu.be/wZv62ShoStY

Am I doin it right? Hope it doesn't change too quick...oh wait, I can only do 4 bars...what was I doin again?

this is a new level. people talk about wanting a studio album. sure, yeah, those are good too. ae live strikes me as one of the most significant releases in music, period. they dramatically reinvented what an instrument is and this is the final product on display. utrecht is like being in a different universe for an hour. the performances feel more like hour-long pieces than collections of segments, and there are recurring motifs i've been noticing which substantiate the theory (that evil bassline from 47:30 in krakow makes an appearance a few times earlier, somewhere around 15 - 22 minutes, though filtered differently). whats going on and the quality of the sound, coupled with the creative vision of the aesthetic and composition... yes, autechre. this is what music is for

Edited by very honest

sometimes 'dancing', or shifting your weight around, shuffling a bit eases the tedium of standing still in one spot, for an hour or more. also, it's not impossible to have synesthetic sorts of reactions to really visceral, percussive sounds.. something that might cause you to wince, or recoil. or you can sort of 'roll with the punches', as James "Lights Out" Toney.

dancing is fun.

this is exactly the kind of shit that is like the most inspiring music ever and also just completely devastating, as in what is the point even trying when these guys are like 1,000,000 times ahead of everything.

7/10

You've hit the hammer on the head with a nail in the coffin right there.

Booze, weed & Sony xba1 headphones really got me grooving to some of the parts of the live sets that were a bit difficult on the first couple of listens. That's quite a shameful admission because I think people who publicise their drug use lack moral fibre. But I think once you get it you've 'broken the seal' and your brain just treats it as normal music. But your conscience correctly tells you can't listen to this stuff at work because they'll think you've lost it so those expensive headphones are a damn good investment.