IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

love these recordings, but is anybody hearing a sort of gate, or 'strobing' effect during early parts of the Dublin and Utrecht sets? almost like there's a random but very frequent tremolo effect going on with the tonal elements (everything besides the percussion)

I'm a newcomer to cannabis and got extremely high last night then listened to music including Krakow (or was it Utrecht, fuck if I know)

I kept thinking "Holy shit this is so granular. It's granular. Holy fuck listen to those grains" and I heard the music as if it was made of grains of sound, only the AE soundboard in particular though none of the other music I listened to (Geogaddi, Shpongle - Nothing is Lost, Venetian Snares - Hospitality)

Just a very transcendental mental experience for me I've never heard anything like this musically. This was the second time I've been high on weed now. Amateur ya forgive me, OMG it was amazing to hear it's like I knew sean and rob's secrets after hearing those grains "Holy fuck these grains, I can hear each individual one and even the space between them"

lol

I'm a newcomer to cannabis and got extremely high last night then listened to music including Krakow (or was it Utrecht, fuck if I know)

I kept thinking "Holy shit this is so granular. It's granular. Holy fuck listen to those grains" and I heard the music as if it was made of grains of sound, only the AE soundboard in particular though none of the other music I listened to (Geogaddi, Shpongle - Nothing is Lost, Venetian Snares - Hospitality)

Just a very transcendental mental experience for me I've never heard anything like this musically. This was the second time I've been high on weed now. Amateur ya forgive me, OMG it was amazing to hear it's like I knew sean and rob's secrets after hearing those grains "Holy fuck these grains, I can hear each individual one and even the space between them"

lol

dude you've got a lot to look forward to if you're just entering the world of ae and weed. I often find i'll hear elements of tracks while stoned, that i've never noticed before, and then forever after that i can always pick that element out when sober. It can sometimes open up entirely new sides to tracks, that will then stick with you forever.

lol

dude you've got a lot to look forward to if you're just entering the world of ae and weed. I often find i'll hear elements of tracks while stoned, that i've never noticed before, and then forever after that i can always pick that element out when sober. It can sometimes open up entirely new sides to tracks, that will then stick with you forever.

Yeah the very first time I ever got high I listened to Confield and it was pretty intense, it made me feel like heavy things were hitting against me. VI Scose Prose was mindblowing. This time though with krakow was even more. I can't even begin to imagine how amazing the rest of AE will sound when I eventually listen to them all high as well. I want cichli. god yes

Edited by Zeffolia

lol

I know exactly what you mean with the grains! I hear them too, especially stoned haha. Also great call on Nothing Lasts, one of the greatest 'journey' albums ever. Not to mention mindblowing with drugs.

Krakow kicks bitches asses all over town. Hot dang motherfucker this shit is fresher than crème fresh.

turner-dido-building-carthage-NG498-fm.j

It's difficult to put into words but I see this Turner painting when the beats kick in.

Fuck yes. Hoping to get at least one downloaded before the servers get pummeled.

edit: Got one downloaded: a quarter of the way through Katowice and there's definitely some repeated bits, but also some new (I'm pretty sure?!) parts not seen on the previous four concerts. The sound overall seems much more spacious, more open/less filtered or something; what I mean is I think it sounds better. 18:30 when the laser fight begins, fuck.

Edited by auxien