IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

Yeah, I called it weeks ago when people got excited about old tour boards coming.

I said it would be like Quaristice but even more so. 20 slightly different versions of the same set lol.

Saying that though, I listened to Katowice this morning on train to work and the difference between that one and the previous 4 more than justifies its release.

Agreed. Although some familiar themes are still present, it seems like some parts are new and familiar ones morphed into something else.

I wonder whether this set of performances is more similar to eachother than to the older sets, if you know what i mean. And if that is a conscious effort from ae themselves. Changing there set after a certain period. Adding some new tracks. Deleting some of the old. Besides from the usual modulations that is. Could mean the next set of gigs will have a slightly altered playlist as well.

edit@hellospiral

Edited by goDel

This might be kind of 'off topic' but do you guys think this is a new way autechre are releasing an 'album' so to speak? Might there be tracks coming after in the form of vinyl/cd? (From there new live patches/software)

Id be happy to wait until mid next year for say a 10 track LP, but not another 3 years! That's for sure.

What do you guys think/know about this?

We've all wanted this to happen though - so great to have it finally released, it's wonderful, but I'd always want me an Lp -> Ep vinyl/cd release with the artwork to admire and treasure.

This might be kind of 'off topic' but do you guys think this is a new way autechre are releasing an 'album' so to speak? Might there be tracks coming after in the form of vinyl/cd? (From there new live patches/software)

Id be happy to wait until mid next year for say a 10 track LP, but not another 3 years! That's for sure.

We've all wanted this to happen though - so great to have it finally released, it's wonderful, but I'd always want me an Lp -> Ep vinyl/cd release with the artwork to admire and treasure.

As much as i'd like more ae in any situation and i agree on the physical copy, i'm completely content with these as the main release. I've been listening to the first four so much that i've kind of sectioned them off into different subsections e.g. i think krakow is a lot more linear and straight, whereas utrecht is far more abstract and brussels is just so fucking funky. So it's like having a single release that i can then cater to the mood i'm in, which is an amazing concept that i've not experienced before, and will without doubt increase the longevity of the release.

And besides, this is by far my favourite overall sound style that ae have adopted. Completely out of this world. I've been having a hard time listening to other stuff recently, cause it all just pales in comparison to this. All other electronic music sounds like it was made at a computer, but this just sounds natural, and real, not like someones sat down and programmed it but like it's formed on its own and is then morphed and warped of it's own accord, constantly shifting and evolving into something new. fuck i dunno what i'm saying i just love this so much

As much as i'd like more ae in any situation and i agree on the physical copy, i'm completely content with these as the main release. I've been listening to the first four so much that i've kind of sectioned them off into different subsections e.g. i think krakow is a lot more linear and straight, whereas utrecht is far more abstract and brussels is just so fucking funky. So it's like having a single release that i can then cater to the mood i'm in, which is an amazing concept that i've not experienced before, and will without doubt increase the longevity of the release.

And besides, this is by far my favourite overall sound style that ae have adopted. Completely out of this world. I've been having a hard time listening to other stuff recently, cause it all just pales in comparison to this. All other electronic music sounds like it was made at a computer, but this just sounds natural, and real, not like someones sat down and programmed it but like it's formed on its own and is then morphed and warped of it's own accord, constantly shifting and evolving into something new. fuck i dunno what i'm saying i just love this so much

Yeah fair enough mate! Agree with the sectioning of each recording - I just am overwhelmed and can't get enough of this. driving back home tonight I made a few heads turn lets just put it that way! I do think these wonders will endure for the ages never to seize enjoyment or admiration for the blokes. None the less the application and development of these fucking insane patches on a 'album' format release is mind boggling - still so much left to venture (for me) thus far only listened to the first 2 of 9 so bring it on :-7

... the fact that nothing appears in the warp page, gives me hope that this is not a new form of "new album", unless they await the series of live end (...come to Italy, pls: I can't take the plane for the third time...) and publish them officially, maybe on a physical support.
Who knows... maybe they will decide to release a super-version of the set, not taken from a soundboard, but specially programmed to play on a home stereo ...
...Sure, we all want to have a new album (Twelb?), understood in the classical form, with new songs and impenetrable titles, but ...
It seems to me that on one occasion, they have said: "we are almost ready to play an entire album live ..."
The other thing that makes me a little 'sad: AE_STORE seems only focusing on this new set, as if it were a specific plan: from this point of view, i find that the chances to have the sounboards from 2008 and 2010 are really low ...
C'mon, guys, let us this last, immense gift. What you have done is important.