IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

i want to cry

the level of enjoyment compared to audience iphone recordings is a billion times more

body covered in goosebumps at some parts.

i love being immersed in an experience where I have no idea wtf is coming next but at the same time I want to learn each moment of each one of these.

yeah top work cygnus! gotta grab 199x as soon as I get paid next week.

Back on the AE_LIVE side of things, I love the areas of silence in the Krems recording. I'm not sure if they were intentional but they seem like such voids compared to the onslaught of beats elsewhere. Especially that part where the whole track just gets stripped away to just a snare, fuck

Cheers for the post cygnus, always love hearing behind the scenes stories. Glad you had a blast, and sorry to hear about your dad. I like your neural network explanation of ae's set, from what I've been reading and hearing that might not be too far from the truth. Feel really privileged to see them three times this year, and can't wait to see what madness they unleash in the future.

heh, I lasted 24 hours before deciding to pay for these.

Cant download the feckers though, they keep timing out after about 30mb. Shoddy connection, but it seems worse than last time :(

download them 1 at a time

also, thank you Cygnus! the beginning of that mega post had me reeling a bit...

Edited by jules

At this point they might as well drop a couple quaristice and oversteps soundboards amirite?

not to be party pooping, but i wouldn't get my hopes up. they stated in a recent interview that this set was conceived with a release in mind, which obviously wasn't the case in the past... but who knows?

Nagano has got a fucking unbelievable abstract acid section towards the end, that I don't think are in any of the previous sets?!?

Edit: Starting at 51:33.

Edited by psn

The artwork is mesmerising when animated.

Cool.

Also the music app on iOS, when switching between tracks with different cover images, concatenates the images side-by-side and slides from one to the other. Works really well with the AE_LIVE artwork.

Nagano has got a fucking unbelievable abstract acid section towards the end, that I don't think are in any of the previous sets?!?

Yeah there's like 15mins of new improv shiz on the end of Krems too

:music:

Isn't that just the last track off Ultrecht?

I mean it's slightly diff the way all the tracks are a bit diff on each set but it's the same track yeah?

still great tho

Edited by StephenG

heh, I lasted 24 hours before deciding to pay for these.

Cant download the feckers though, they keep timing out after about 30mb. Shoddy connection, but it seems worse than last time :(

download them 1 at a time

Yep done it now.

Fun fact:-

The five new files, downloaded as MP3, fit perfectly onto a CD with 4mb to spare. Pretty handy as my stereo has MP3 playback from disc :)

Isn't that just the last track off Ultrecht?

I mean it's slightly diff the way all the tracks are a bit diff on each set but it's the same track yeah?

still great tho

Yeah, track was introduced with Utrecht @ ~53:30.

The tune that started as campfire guitar ending in Krakow and later got 4-to-floor to hip hop beat transition (ending of brussels) is wildly and extensively explored in the Dour Set with some acid on top drifting into considerably more dark territory (~40 minutes onwards)... Very nice!

Grafenhainichen and Katowice ('specially the latter ~55min) both feature choir sounds towards the end i can't remember from other sets. Anyway every single one is bringing new shit to the table! :music:

Edited by jaderpansen

like someone else said, dour seems unique, it seems like they rushed into the obvious stuff that was in krakow and moved past it quick from my initial listens. lots of minimalistic mashes of stuff. part of it reminds me of M32 Diffain off lelevent