IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

I'm a huge sucker for the section that starts at 12:42 in Graf (and whatever it is in the other sets). I think it's a bit cleaner and more realized in the 2015 sets. Beautiful stuff.

Its actually really tedious!

But so far....

- the first 10 tracks are the same with same order and different timings in each set

- there's more or less 15 tracks in each set

- total of 20 new tracks if you consider some sets have unique tracks dropped in

- sometimes its hard to know when a track ends and another begins but with cross referencing sets, a decent stab can be made

- I'm naming the tracks cos its nice to have a name.

- I'm inspired by the eskimo words for types of snow: http://ontology.buffalo.edu/smith/varia/snow.html

As the tracks are crunchy, glacial, organic, fractal-like etc plus the words look Autechre-ish to me!

So the first 10 are:

1. tlapa
  2. tlacringit
  3. kayi
  4. blotla
  5. priyakli
  6. chiup
  7. truyi
  8. tlinro
  9. erolinyat
  10. attla

I'm not sure i'll have the spreadsheet finished today... should i keep going though?

Guest bitroast

....currently doing a spreadsheet for track times, set differences etc.....give me a few hours :p

it's not idm if it can't be put in a spreadsheet

lol

so tru so tru

This is really great awesome work! Thanks phudo-mate! Also I think I'll be naming the tracks:

AE_LIVE_AI

AE_LIVE_AIAI

AE_LIVE_AIAIAI

AE_LIVE_AIVE

AE_LIVE_VE

AE_LIVE_VEAI

AE_LIVE_VEAIAI

AE_LIVE_VEAIAIAI

AE_LIVE_AIEX

AE_LIVE_EX

AE_LIVE_EXAI

AE_LIVE_EXAIAI

AE_LIVE_EXAIAIAI

AE_LIVE_EXAIVE

AE_LIVE_EXVE

AE_LIVE_EXVEAI

AE_LIVE_EXVEAIAI

AE_LIVE_EXVEAIAIAI

AE_LIVE_EXAIEX

AE_LIVE_EXEX

as a reference to their last Lp title :-)

I have only headphones so couldn't blast any of these on proper speakers until earlier tonight - woah, fuck!!!

edit: FUCK

Edited by Guest

....currently doing a spreadsheet for track times, set differences etc.....give me a few hours :p

Yeah i was planning the same (outlining the evolution of the set with some graphs), but only accomplished to somewhat map out Krakow so far when life came in the way...

Like you said it's not always easy to mark start/end points of tracks since there are some smooth transitions, anyway here's what i came up with (sorry for my stupid songtitles lol):

00.00 - 02.02 "Intro Electro"

02.02 - 03.58 "I.E.2: clonky snares"

03.58 - 08:21 "I.E.3: wet snares"

08:21 - 13:46 "Broken Grandfather Clocks"

13:46 - 18:52 "Fart Step"

18:52 - 22:38 "Power Trance"

22:38 - 24:04 "Emo Frenchmen"

24:04 - 27:25 "Funky Bass"

27:25 - 31:39 "Sleazy Bass (feat. Cowbell)"

31:39 - 41:14 "Dat BLOC Trailer Track" (long buildup, could be split up i guess)

41:14 - 47:22 "OOMPH!"

47:22 - 49:36 "Cosmic Sighs"

49:36 - 50:25 "Boing Boing"

50:25 - 54:19 "Dreamy Acid"

54:19 - 54:56 "Wacky Workbench 2"

54:56 - 56:22 "Submarine" (could be interpreted as direct continuation of the former)

56:22 - 57:37 "Campfire Guitar"

57:37 - End "Outro"

This is pretty much the blueprint for all sets to come, although tracks appear in much more condensed form later to only take about half the set.

Brussels overall is still pretty similar so the tracklist mostly works:

IE1 00.00 - 04.08

IE2 04.08 - 06:48

IE3 06:48 - 11:30

BGC 11:30 - 18:11

FS 18:11 - 23:47

PT 23:47 - 27:09

EF 27:09 - 28:59

FB 28:59 - 31:35

SBc 31:35 - 35.06

DBT 35:06 - 42:45

OO 42:45 - 46:51

CS 46:51 - 50:18

DA 50:18 - 53:37

here things change quite considerably. WW and SUB go back and forth here til 01:00:18 then it's guitar track til the end. In the guitar track beats are more prominent and there's this 4xfloor to hip hop transition they'll be keeping.

the most notable thing about this set imo is the section between 09:43 and around 10:16 in the "wet snares" part: there are some noise-"claps" here adding some serious groove which can't be found in any other set (at least not that "in your face")...

Utrecht is a turning point, the old tracklist takes only about 3/4 of the set, WW to Guitar-part are drastically changed and lead up to completely new ending... but I'll leave it to phudo now ;P

Still, here the recognizable Krakow-parts:

IE1 00.00 - 01.36

IE2 01.36 - 03:15

IE3 03:15 - 05:50

BGC 05:50 - 10:40

FS 10:40 - 14:17

PT 14:17 - 16:41

EF 16:41 - 17:54

FB 17:54 - 20:33

SBc 20:33 - 23.12

DBT 23:12 - 30:20 (again, long buildup, track start could be considered later)

OO 30:20 - 33:12

CS 33:12 - 33:39

DA 35:05 - 37:06 (again very soft transitions between last two, might well be interpreted as one track)

Edited by jaderpansen

'Fart Step' could be a new genre unto itself. You'll probably see the rise of Fart Step artists in the next year, or not.

Anyway good work all, I think it becomes even more complex from Krems on, kudos to you all for putting in the time.

Edited by styrio

Fuck me............... these sets are crazy.You can see from the numbers the evolution. Nagano definitely gets crazy as i couldn't tell wtf was going on. LOVE IT

Doing this over a few hours/days has upped my appreciation big time. The variations, the extensions, the aliveness of it all.

Stunning AE_LIVE set by set, track by track, timings spraedsheet

All names are types of snow

sick job!

tracks you left open in nagano sound like variations of atla (aka dreamy acid, around 13.14 - the pads are just more in the background) and nyik (sonar/submarine stuff) respectively to me. ironically that set felt the most familiar to me of the new bunch.

also 46:16 of Krems deserves its own name imo ;D

Edited by jaderpansen

sick job!

tracks you left open in nagano sound like variations of atla (aka dreamy acid, around 13.14 - the pads are just more in the background) and nyik (sonar/submarine stuff) respectively to me. ironically that set felt the most familiar to me of the new bunch.

also 46:16 of Krems deserves its own name imo ;D

Had that Krems bit in my laptop spreadheet - fixed! Thanks bro