IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

I haven't been able to download a single one of the newer sets (i.e. not the first 4) because the Ae_Store download connection keeps flaking out. haven't heard any of them yet.

Ae pls

I got a pair of Yamaha HS7's for Christmas, which I broke in by playing Utrecht. Sounded unbelievable.

Nice. I was interested in those.

They're the first monitors I've owned so I can't tell you how they compare to others. I can tell you, though, that they make Ae sound great and make my own music sound awful, so they're obviously working.

"broke in"

Horrible phrase.

Sorry. What is the acceptable term? I would have written "christened" except that my sentence already contained the word "Christmas" and I didn't like how it looked with two "Christ-" words so close together hK9NNee.png

I haven't been able to download a single one of the newer sets (i.e. not the first 4) because the Ae_Store download connection keeps flaking out. haven't heard any of them yet.

Ae pls

This was the response I got from bleep after asking them about the same problem:

Hi Joe,

I've had a look into this and the message you are receiving is a result of a blocked port.

Some general information can be found here:

https://support.realvnc.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/241

Sometimes this can happen if your server is blocking the 8080 port (often a problem with work networks) we're using or if you're using Kaspersky virus protection or Avira Antivirus Suite. This software can sometimes cause issues with downloads from Bleep. This is something we are working on fixing but in the meantime we would recommend that you disable Kaspersky temporarily while downloading from Bleep.

Are you using a work connection? Certain work connections block downloads to this port.

Kind Regards,

Bleep Support

I was using Bitdefender (not Kaspersky or Avira), but temporarily disabling it solved the problem.

"broke in"

Horrible phrase.

Sorry. What is the acceptable term? I would have written "christened" except that my sentence already contained the word "Christmas" and I didn't like how it looked with two "Christ-" words so close together hK9NNee.png

I don't have a problem with this term - doesn't it come from training horses? Seems fitting for what your tunes are going to be "riding" on.

They're the first monitors I've owned so I can't tell you how they compare to others. I can tell you, though, that they make Ae sound great and make my own music sound awful, so they're obviously working.

have you tested the room response yet?

Ae pls

This was the response I got from bleep after asking them about the same problem:

Hi Joe,

I've had a look into this and the message you are receiving is a result of a blocked port.

Some general information can be found here:

https://support.realvnc.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/241

Sometimes this can happen if your server is blocking the 8080 port (often a problem with work networks) we're using or if you're using Kaspersky virus protection or Avira Antivirus Suite. This software can sometimes cause issues with downloads from Bleep. This is something we are working on fixing but in the meantime we would recommend that you disable Kaspersky temporarily while downloading from Bleep.

Are you using a work connection? Certain work connections block downloads to this port.

Kind Regards,

Bleep Support

I was using Bitdefender (not Kaspersky or Avira), but temporarily disabling it solved the problem.

not using any of those programs, not am I on a work connection. :shrug:

have you tested the room response yet?

Not yet, no.

there's a lot you can do after getting monitors to make them sound a lot better. at the very least you should get isolator pads if you didnt already.

Edited by very honest

Guest WNS000

Yeah.

Practice with levels and EQ a lot and it will get much better.

Happy new year.

sean & rob were opening up their mixer and sean couldnt open the box with a knife, rob gives it a try and then gives it back to sean , leaving to retrieve something else. mark asks sean "what are you moaning about " and he's on stage with his arms at his side standing above this box with their mixer in it, frustrated af "I couldn't get the box open even with this knife, I felt like I might as well just start stabbing me-self in the face with it"

and this sentence can kill any hope for 2016 and 2017:

"(...) AE_LIVE isn't being presented as a complement to their last album, or a replacement for a new album—it is the new album."

no it doesn't

1. it looks presented like a fact, but is it? it looks more like an excuse to put it on the list of live albums if you ask me

2. "because we want to get to a point where we can just spit an album out in real time. I'd say we are close to it, if not actually there already.” an actual quote from the same friggin text