IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

I was obsessed with Fear of a Black Planet during the 1st half of October 2015. Whereas on WATMM we would fantasize over a pitch black plAEnet.

"I require the solace of the shadows and the dark of the night. Sunshine is my destroyer" :diablo:

3 listens of Portsmouth, nice getting to know you.

Edited by Roo

The Miami set brightened up my work commute this morning! :)

Also just seen these are avilable on boomkat now.. which I thought was interesting, making me hype that newer sets might be about in the not to distant future

Edited by kirm

remember this?

triachusToday at 11:00 PM
are you guys considering releasing the OneSix tour like with AE_Live?

z7zToday at 11:02 PM
yeah when we get round to it
we've been through all the usa 2015 sets now so they're next, then the 2016 ones maybe, idk yet we need to go through them properly, takes a while and had too many other things happening

That was November...only a matter of time till OneSix :whistling:

According to RA, 19 previously unreleased autechre sets came out today including some European sets like Dublin, Brussels & Dublin...

Electronic music credibility is revoke!

Edited by Roo

remember this?

we've been through all the usa 2015 sets now so they're next, then the 2016 ones maybe, idk yet we need to go through them properly, takes a while and had too many other things happening

I hope so ! The Lyon show was totally alien and sound designish, can't wait to hear it once again !

It almost feels like malicious compliance at this point, after the decade or so of fans constantly asking for live sets.

Like, "OH, YOU WANT SOME LIVE SETS?!?!?!?!"

I see the same malice behind the live 08: "here's your cock-set, have fun now".

The amount of dates of the 014/15 set, however, makes me think of a solution that works as a surrogate for a self-generating process.
 How many times have we theorized (with a vision ascribable to dystopia) of Autechre2.0, the definitive processor that will create infinite variations so that the music is new with each listening? Well, today we have 28 versions of AE_LIVE, for a total of over 28 hours. It is clearly impossible to distinguish one date from another, all different yet similar, spread over a duration of more than a whole day. In other words, it will no longer make sense to have a "favorite date", randomly choose from the 28, as if they were a single date, each time generated as if it were the first...

It almost feels like malicious compliance at this point, after the decade or so of fans constantly asking for live sets.

Seriously. I'm pretty sure I rolled my eyes when I saw the email before getting out of bed this morning.

Might get the Seattle one simply because I was there but otherwise goddamn, I think I listened to the first 4 once each - if that. According to my iTunes I played Krakow twice and the others zero times. Which is kind of surprising but also not. 

The amount of dates of the 014/15 set, however, makes me think of a solution that works as a surrogate for a self-generating process.
 How many times have we theorized (with a vision ascribable to dystopia) of Autechre2.0, the definitive processor that will create infinite variations so that the music is new with each listening? Well, today we have 28 versions of AE_LIVE, for a total of over 28 hours. It is clearly impossible to distinguish one date from another, all different yet similar, spread over a duration of more than a whole day. In other words, it will no longer make sense to have a "favorite date", randomly choose from the 28, as if they were a single date, each time generated as if it were the first...

very interesting. shows Eno's influence on their work too. Didn't Eno release an app that does what you are describing: same 'piece' of music, but different variation each time you listen?

remember this?

I hope so ! The Lyon show was totally alien and sound designish, can't wait to hear it once again !

yup, i was there too, and i witnessed the best organ stab among the tour (i was in nijmegen too)

very interesting. shows Eno's influence on their work too. Didn't Eno release an app that does what you are describing: same 'piece' of music, but different variation each time you listen?

IIRC the app Eno designed wasn't different variations with every listen but rather a constant flow of generative music.

I gave Miami and Montreal a shot, both are awesome. The system they designed seem to never reach its limits but I'm very curious about how Ae next era will sound like!

IIRC the app Eno designed wasn't different variations with every listen but rather a constant flow of generative music.

I gave Miami and Montreal a shot, both are awesome. The system they designed seem to never reach its limits but I'm very curious about how Ae next era will sound like!

in the case of AE_LIVE I think of the basic thesis of "Synecdoche, New York" (fucking masterpiece), according to which, every single human being is just a - minimal - variation of the same theme, and the variations are so many that are indistinguishable, to the point that it is not possible to draw a distinction between the human and humanity, the individual and the species. A synecdoche, in fact.

Synecdoche, AE_LIVE

Glad they released the New York set. The church's acoustics was awful.

Glad it wasn't just me, I was really bummed and didn't enjoy the set that night. My friend who is more of a fair weather fan left 20 mins in. Hearing a seemingly completely different set on headphones, much more enjoyable to hear it as intended.