IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

just edit the tags ffs

this is mostly an autistic criticism of their naming convention as a pseudo file name with the underscores and dates etc. if you’re gonna tease us with filename style titles, at least have it be functional

inb4 a "[POLL] What's the best way to rename the recently released Autechre sets" thread opens :emotawesomepm9:

just edit the tags ffs

this is mostly an autistic criticism of their naming convention as a pseudo file name with the underscores and dates etc. if you’re gonna tease us with filename style titles, at least have it be functional

inb4 a "[POLL] What's the best way to rename the recently released Autechre sets" thread opens :emotawesomepm9:

i'm waiting for sets to be edited into chunks so people can take their favs from each set and make the "ultimate" set ;)

i've just been listening to them in whatever order i put them in a playlist in my ipod. 

i'm waiting for sets to be edited into chunks so people can take their favs from each set and make the "ultimate" set ;)

really like this idea. mine would probably have all those bits at the end of sets where c7b2 shows up in one form or another. Trying not to just go to the last 10 mins of each set, but there's so much music it's always a temptation. 

:excl: spectrum post alert :excl:

kind of annoying they dont have the date first and also have it in yyyymmdd order so that they would sort in chronological order automatically.

this came up after the first lot and it seemed logical to just rename them all by yyyy_mm_dd.

Far too many complaints all around about them dumping soundboards galore...

Edited by jules

:excl: spectrum post alert :excl:

kind of annoying they dont have the date first and also have it in yyyymmdd order so that they would sort in chronological order automatically.

this came up after the first lot and it seemed logical to just rename them all by yyyy_mm_dd.

Far too many complaints all around about them dumping soundboards galore...

soundboards galore for president! Soundboards/Galore 2020!

but yes fam- ignore my narcissistic sniping. Seam and Fob are some of the most fecund musical minds of our lifetime. even if you don’t always agree with the “end product” or find their music your “favorite” the very fact that they are pursuing the perfect, logical synthesis of man and machine is worthy of considerable praise, not just because they’re the only ones capable of such a task, but because they’re exceeding every expectation while doing it. I’ve been having a ruddy good time with these new sets. legends.

im going to buy these and put them all on a usb drive to let my car shuffle thru. so instead of just looping the same album over and over again while im driving like i usually do with a new album ill loop through a bunch of different variations of the same set (?)

but yes fam- ignore my narcissistic sniping. Seam and Fob are some of the most fecund musical minds of our lifetime. even if you don’t always agree with the “end product” or find their music your “favorite” the very fact that they are pursuing the perfect, logical synthesis of man and machine is worthy of considerable praise, not just because they’re the only ones capable of such a task, but because they’re exceeding every expectation while doing it. I’ve been having a ruddy good time with these new sets. legends.

yo dafuq bro fam bro yo yo

Let's be honest, we'd praise a 16-hours farting session as their biggest achievement.

I must say I'm ready raddy for a 16-hrs farting session

Guys I can't remember: I have proper track splits and names (like tlapa etc.) there in the Europe music. Was that community driven?

Edited by Guest

the very fact that they are pursuing the perfect, logical synthesis of man and machine is worthy of considerable praise

This is the same religious fervor that presents itself in the Mad Max universe. Marriage of man and machine. Roboseanxual.

Edited by Embers

yo dafuq bro fam bro yo yo

Let's be honest, we'd praise a 16-hours farting session as their biggest achievement.

I must say I'm ready raddy for a 16-hrs farting session

Guys I can't remember: I have proper track splits and names (like tlapa etc.) there in the Europe music. Was that community driven?

yeh that was one of ae sub forum’s cringier episodes.

Pls Sean and Rob, name the files first with Unix time since epoch so I can nicely sort them numerically when I'm feeding them to my shell commands to play them, k tnx.

really like this idea. mine would probably have all those bits at the end of sets where c7b2 shows up in one form or another. Trying not to just go to the last 10 mins of each set, but there's so much music it's always a temptation. 

Yaeh, as more and more official titles for some of the pieces contained in the livesets have come to light (thanks to Elseq & NTS), identifying various stretches becomes increasingly possible. Some of these AENA sets also contain recognizable bits that weren't in the previous AE Live downloads (Latent Call, etc.).

It did result in this great follow-up post however:

Here's my infamous unofficial tracklist + meaning of each track hope you like it

1. gabagool - rain that looks like that mismatched sock that's been there in the drawer for months whose pair you can't find

2. rigatone - rain that looks like dad didn't leave when you were 5

3. mammamia - rain that looks like checking the fridge again after having checked it 10 minutes ago and confirmed there's nothing to eat

4. tonisoprano - rain that looks like my gf didn't leave because i did it right that time please rebecca give me another chance

5. gabagool2 - rain that looks like it's falling sideways

6. prego - rain falling on a 50 year old's combover

7. porcamiseria - rain that looks like I'm running out of ideas for these

8. spaeghetti - rain!!

9. pizzaplace - rain that looks like the Simpsons episode with Lady Gaga

10. macaeroni - rain that looks like applying for 30 jobs and getting zero replies

11. bolognessss - rain that looks like a midlife crisis

12. pastae - rain that looks like mama's spaghetti recipe

Here's my infamous unofficial tracklist + meaning of each track hope you like it

1. gabagool - rain that looks like that mismatched sock that's been there in the drawer for months whose pair you can't find

3. mammamia - rain that looks like checking the fridge again after having checked it 10 minutes ago and confirmed there's nothing to eat

4. tonisoprano - rain that looks like my gf didn't leave because i did it right that time please rebecca give me another chance

8. spaeghetti - rain!!

10. macaeroni - rain that looks like applying for 30 jobs and getting zero replies

13. baesta - rain that feels like postmodern bonner

14. manjaere - rain that makes rain that makes you say yes

Edited by Guest

8. spaeghetti - rain!!

Here's the AE_EURO track names I came up that causes  the   o   u   t   r   a   g   e   :w00t:

sheet 2

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X68nxBTmjILs_8i-nlxPvXpvHSyLaEWSE1Ic81W1aRE/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by phudoshin

only listened to Atlanta so far because I was at the show. I was super stoned and the whole thing is a blur tho it was still an incredible experience. the only part I really remember is the part around 11 min with the chords that are sidechained super hard - I remember that was so fucking intense live

feeling so lucky to be able to relive this. I'm obsessed with the way that they've created this monstrous body of work with their max/msp system, it's basically infinite configurations of these sounds, I feel like I actually can't comprehend the full scale of it. it really feels like they've created a new paradigm of hyper-dynamic electronic music where every single sound has a life of its own, constantly moving and shifting and mutating. but at its core it still feels like techno music - that is the original seed that all this sprung from. I like to think of it as if you taught a robot to make techno and then left it in a room for hundreds of years and then the original algorithms evolve into this twisted mess.

I dont claim to understand their process but that's kind of what it is right? it's like an AI system that generates the music. whatever it is, Autechre are at least 500 years ahead of the rest of us lol. they're the GOAT

Edited by jetski

only listened to Atlanta so far because I was at the show. I was super stoned and the whole thing is a blur tho it was still an incredible experience. the only part I really remember is the part around 11 min with the chords that are sidechained super hard - I remember that was so fucking intense live

feeling so lucky to be able to relive this. I'm obsessed with the way that they've created this monstrous body of work with their max/msp system, it's basically infinite configurations of these sounds, I feel like I actually can't comprehend the full scale of it. it really feels like they've created a new paradigm of hyper-dynamic electronic music where every single sound has a life of its own, constantly moving and shifting and mutating. but at its core it still feels like techno music - that is the original seed that all this sprung from. I like to think of it as if you taught a robot to make techno and then left it in a room for hundreds of years and then the original algorithms evolve into this twisted mess.

I dont claim to understand their process but that's kind of what it is right? it's like an AI system that generates the music. whatever it is, Autechre are at least 500 years ahead of the rest of us lol. they're the GOAT

Amen

Nice post, made me pop on the Atlanta set. I feel like AI might be the wrong way to describe their system, although, like you, I have a very limited understanding of it. They talk about it at the end of their Resident Advisor interview a few years back (https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2756), and the whole interview is really good too. All of the decisions that are made in max regarding sound-design, sequencing, and arrangement seem to be the product of human decisions that are programmed into the software by Autechre, at least that was my take-away. They talk about markov chains and AI in the interview, but it seems like knowledge of some AI has informed their decisions rather than the system utilizing artificial intelligence proper. More like art official intelligence, amiright?

Nice post, made me pop on the Atlanta set. I feel like AI might be the wrong way to describe their system, although, like you, I have a very limited understanding of it. They talk about it at the end of their Resident Advisor interview a few years back (https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2756), and the whole interview is really good too. All of the decisions that are made in max regarding sound-design, sequencing, and arrangement seem to be the product of human decisions that are programmed into the software by Autechre, at least that was my take-away. They talk about markov chains and AI in the interview, but it seems like knowledge of some AI has informed their decisions rather than the system utilizing artificial intelligence proper. More like art official intelligence, amiright?

I remember this interview, such a good one! I'll have to reread it. you're probably right that AI isn't the most accurate way to describe it. Like the actual logic of the system is probably more dictated by those decisions that they've programmed into it. it's definitely still generative and unpredictable, but it's not like the machine is entirely responsible for coming up with the ideas, it's really based off of those human decisions.

I love the quote in that interview (at least I think it's from that interview) where they say that even though it's a computer system it's actually really human because of those decisions embedded into it. I think that's so true, the music has an extremely fluid and dynamic quality that feels really human - it's like the electronic equivalent of a virtuoso musician who's memorized every inch of his instrument and has an insanely precise degree of control over every aspect of the sound  

Anyway if i'm wrong about any of this then anyone feel free to correct me, like I said I def don't claim to understand this stuff

8. spaeghetti - rain!!

Here's the AE_EURO track names I came up that causes  the   o   u   t   r   a   g   e   :w00t:

sheet 2

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X68nxBTmjILs_8i-nlxPvXpvHSyLaEWSE1Ic81W1aRE/edit?usp=sharing

fuck off