IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

can they not release anything else for 5 years so we can catch up

it's almost March though. i expect a release in march. they like to release things in march.  :trollface:

it's almost March though. i expect a release in march. they like to release things in march.  :trollface:

I too expect a half baked 400hr automated jam session that sounds like a bunch of stems with the exception of a few tracks next month!

NTS Session^2

(Please take a while off and sit in a studio and shit for awhile Autechre. Please.)

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

3 years from now:

"the new ae is so underwhelming :(  I just wish they'd go back to doing the kind of well thought-out, hyper-edited tracks they did on Draft 7.30 and NTS Sessions"

I am so glad they don't care about any of the bollocks people post on this forum. excepting, of course, meeting the demand for soundboards (but not too many soundboards though).

I am so glad they don't care about any of the bollocks people post on this forum. excepting, of course, meeting the demand for soundboards (æææææææææææææææ though).

Finally, a voice of reason.

i would like a succinct, proper, intensely edited album, yeah

I've honestly only been buying and listening to the NA ones a couple at a time. Don't see any need to feel pressure to go through them quickly and I don't feel overwhelmed by them. I'm loving all the variation, subtle and major. 

Listened to Brussels again for the first time in a while. Might be my favorite of all AE_LIVE 14/15 (edit: that i've heard so far). Just glad to have all these to digest in the coming years.

Can't wait for the OneSix ones also.

Edited by eczem

Listened to Brussels again for the first time in a while. Might be my favorite of all AE_LIVE '15. Just glad to have all these to digest in the coming years.

just listening to brussels now, such a great set indeed. lots of unique elements in the 'standard' (first half) tracks on this one

Yes. The ending is not my very favorite of the various endings, but I think this particular instance of the sinister section at 38:16 seals the deal.

it's almost March though. i expect a release in march. they like to release things in march. :trollface:

I too expect a half baked 400hr automated jam session that sounds like a bunch of stems with the exception of a few tracks next month!

NTS Session^2

(Please take a while off and sit in a studio and shit for awhile Autechre. Please.)

NTS2. Sean plz. Loved NTS. Possibly my favourite electronic music *live* album ever.

i would like a succinct, proper, intensely edited album, yeah

???

I have to download all these new sets before I go on vacation!

Haven't gotten around to it yet.

Is there a general consensus on which sets are the real bangers? I want to start with the best. 

NTS is some of my favorite music ever. The live set releases are a gift to fans. They aren’t intended to be albums or replacements. If anyone is familiar with jam bands or fans of live improv music, you’d get it too. Just enjoy the fact that they are so generous, not all artists are. Take what you like and enjoy it.

A gift? Were they free for you?

The latest round is $50USD if I want them. I guess $33 if I get mp3. I'll happily buy them but I wouldn't go so far as saying charging for a product is a gift. 

NTS is good its just too long. the tracks in it are mostly too long. i would really enjoy a one (maybe two) cd length album with like 8-10 really dense idea-packed tracks. some of the stuff on NTS sounds as good as anything they've ever done but some of it sounds like they just ran a thing for 15-20 minutes or whatever.

i think that they're releasing live sets is cool though i haven't listened to any of them yet.

Edited by mushroom

^ p much. There's some really good tracks on there so I've just made a "best of" playlist.

Also it's cool so many people legit enjoy all the tracks. Happy for you guys.