Sign in to follow this  
homecharlie

AE_LIVE

I want to know what kind of systems people are showcasing this on. I have my little setup with bookshelf speakers, but the intensity of these sets warrants a true new-age audiophile setup. I've grown out of headphones for the most part due to fatigue without having the full body experience (not worth it anymore trying to fake it)... and this makes me definitively realize it. This NEEDS a real system. Hopefully I can move somewhere that will allow me to build an AE-Live audiophile setup, or at the very least something loud and dynamic enough to feel it and not just hear it!

I have a newer set-up in my recently remodeled den. I have an Onkyo receiver, four 8" yamahas in the ceiling and a 12" klipsch sup on the floor. Sounds deece.

Edited by jules

I want to know what kind of systems people are showcasing this on. I have my little setup with bookshelf speakers, but the intensity of these sets warrants a true new-age audiophile setup. I've grown out of headphones for the most part due to fatigue without having the full body experience (not worth it anymore trying to fake it)... and this makes me definitively realize it. This NEEDS a real system. Hopefully I can move somewhere that will allow me to build an AE-Live audiophile setup, or at the very least something loud and dynamic enough to feel it and not just hear it!

I haven't started listening to these yet but Car

15 quid Beats Pill knockoff from Camden Market. It's the only way.

can they not release anything else for 5 years so we can catch up

Fuck you

• Like 1

Yes.

Edited by donquixote

it's almost March though. i expect a release in march. they like to release things in march.  :trollface:

I’m almost done downloading these!

it's almost March though. i expect a release in march. they like to release things in march.  :trollface:

I too expect a half baked 400hr automated jam session that sounds like a bunch of stems with the exception of a few tracks next month!

NTS Session^2

(Please take a while off and sit in a studio and shit for awhile Autechre. Please.)

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

crickets*

i would like a succinct, proper, intensely edited album, yeah

Hell yeah. =)

3 years from now:

"the new ae is so underwhelming :(  I just wish they'd go back to doing the kind of well thought-out, hyper-edited tracks they did on Draft 7.30 and NTS Sessions"

I am so glad they don't care about any of the bollocks people post on this forum. excepting, of course, meeting the demand for soundboards (but not too many soundboards though).

I am so glad they don't care about any of the bollocks people post on this forum. excepting, of course, meeting the demand for soundboards (æææææææææææææææ though).

Finally, a voice of reason.

Too much ae is the new ae

i would like a succinct, proper, intensely edited album, yeah

too many soundboards makes me autistic.

too many soundboards makes me autistic.

I've honestly only been buying and listening to the NA ones a couple at a time. Don't see any need to feel pressure to go through them quickly and I don't feel overwhelmed by them. I'm loving all the variation, subtle and major. 

Listened to Brussels again for the first time in a while. Might be my favorite of all AE_LIVE 14/15 (edit: that i've heard so far). Just glad to have all these to digest in the coming years.

Can't wait for the OneSix ones also.

Edited by eczem

Listened to Brussels again for the first time in a while. Might be my favorite of all AE_LIVE '15. Just glad to have all these to digest in the coming years.

just listening to brussels now, such a great set indeed. lots of unique elements in the 'standard' (first half) tracks on this one

Yes. The ending is not my very favorite of the various endings, but I think this particular instance of the sinister section at 38:16 seals the deal.

it's almost March though. i expect a release in march. they like to release things in march. :trollface:

I too expect a half baked 400hr automated jam session that sounds like a bunch of stems with the exception of a few tracks next month!

NTS Session^2

(Please take a while off and sit in a studio and shit for awhile Autechre. Please.)

NTS2. Sean plz. Loved NTS. Possibly my favourite electronic music *live* album ever.

Listening to *four of seven* as I type. Lushness.