IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

recently read a thread on another forum where someone was talking about how he was a huge fan of Autechre, but the latest release just sounded like a bunch of half-assed jam sessions. he was talking... of course... about Untilted, circa 2007.

Edited by Guest

listening through these on the drive to and from work and im loving finding all the subtle and blatant differences from set to set - i shouldve edited the set titles though so they play chronologically instead of alphabetically. Half way through nagano. also i forgot how good autechre is whilst stoned should b a prerequisite before listening, especially with their last releases being so long in running time.

A gift? Were they free for you?

The latest round is $50USD if I want them. I guess $33 if I get mp3. I'll happily buy them but I wouldn't go so far as saying charging for a product is a gift.

A gift as in bonus material. A gift as in if they released sets a, b and c, people from here would bitch about why d, e and f weren’t released. So release all of them and let people pick instead of complain. Buy the one you went to for $1. Jesus.

It’s either not enough or too much. It’s unfuckingbelievable how much people bitch. I’d have already given up...

Edited by jules

The latest round is $50USD if I want them. I guess $33 if I get mp3. I'll happily buy them but I wouldn't go so far as saying charging for a product is a gift.

A gift as in bonus material. A gift as in if they released sets a, b and c, people from here would bitch about why d, e and f weren’t released. So release all of them and let people pick instead of complain. Buy the one you went to for $1. Jesus.

It’s either not enough or too much. It’s unfuckingbelievable how much people bitch. I’d have already given up...

what's your deal

i can understand the desire for shorter more succinct albums but it also seems like that would clearly go against where the band is at atm. between Elseq and NTS sessions you've got about 10 tracks that go for 20 minutes or longer, and that's not counting the ambient hour long track. 

the band have always had a tendency for producing ~10 minute, long drawn out psychedelic meditation trip outs to hip hop beats kinda tracks, that you lose yourself in and lose perception of time and space maaan. just now they have the means of being able to release the work digitally and in a format that's more in line with the kind of music they're producing. 

i can understand the desire for shorter more succinct albums but it also seems like that would clearly go against where the band is at atm. between Elseq and NTS sessions you've got about 10 tracks that go for 20 minutes or longer, and that's not counting the ambient hour long track. 

the band have always had a tendency for producing ~10 minute, long drawn out psychedelic meditation trip outs to hip hop beats kinda tracks, that you lose yourself in and lose perception of time and space maaan. just now they have the means of being able to release the work digitally and in a format that's more in line with the kind of music they're producing. 

Indeed. Before this they were constrained by the choices of media to release upon. Remember the 10min version of VL AL 5?

what's your deal

wasn’t having a good day. apologies all

Is there a general consensus on which sets are the real bangers? I want to start with the best. 

It's my opinion and definitely not a general consensus but PORTLAND hit me the hardest.

Is there a general consensus on which sets are the real bangers? I want to start with the best.

It's my opinion and definitely not a general consensus but PORTLAND hit me the hardest.
After multiple listens of each ones now...

I'd have to agree. Portland is absolutely amazing, and for the most part, I think it has the most variation from the original Kraków set. So if you're fairly familiar with the original release of shows, I'd fully recommend Portland.

Other than that, Chicago and Denver are my favorites. Really, really intense shows. Wish I could have made it to the Chicago one, but circumstances came up.

=/

I think San Fransisco and Austin reminded me of a few tech-house mixes I use to listen to years ago... I don't know how else to describe the sound other than calling them 'techy' or 'metallic', if that makes any sense or you know what I mean... The mid-high + high end really seemed to stick out more. It could have just been the state of mind I was in when I first listened to them and now I always hear it with that in mind. I dunno...

=X

But really, I'm sure that everyone will have different favorites depending on what frame of mind they're in, what they're looking for/expecting, ect...

There really seems to be a show to fit most any mood.

But if you're going to buy more than 2-3 of them, it's probably be a better idea to just grab them all for a few dollars more. <shrug>

Edited by Hk47

what's your deal
wasn’t having a good day. apologies all

:beer:

Most of us have been there and posted something we could have worded better or should have taken a breath before composing.

=P

But... I do get your sentiment. Though... I don't really notice it here as much after spending a bit of time on the AE Reddit sub. I have to limit how many posts I read and I can't let myself comment there anymore. Seems like all I wanna do is smack those people 90% of the time.

Remember the 10min version of VL AL 5?

Aye, and the 11 minute Kalpol Introl..... lovely stuff
They are both very awesome, as are the Bike, Liccflii, Basscadet and Flutter live versions...

I don't know if there's more, but I'd pounce on a collection of live/extended edits of previously released album tracks that they've played live or included in their promo mixes throughout the years.

Then again, I'd probably pounce on a collection of fart sounds if they thought to officially release them...

<shrug>

I don't doubt that AE make more interesting sounds while sitting on the toilets for 10 minutes than most musicians will ever wind up releasing throughout their entire careers.

Can hear Sean beat boxing while droppin a load in my head right now... And it's pure bliss.

Mira Calix is one fucking lucky human being.

=P

Especially during holidays... Rob totally spends holidays with the Booth family, right?

<eyes rolling into the back of my head with ecstacy>

Rob in the downstairs bathroom while Sean is upstairs after feasting on a Christmas ham... Calix could sample the shit out of the chorus echoes reverberating throughout the flat and wind up with a masterpiece.

Edited by Hk47

Damn, I couldn't edit it again...

***the chorus of flatulance, water plops and vocal improv echos reverberating throughout...***

Edited by Hk47