IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

Remember the 10min version of VL AL 5?

Aye, and the 11 minute Kalpol Introl..... lovely stuff
They are both very awesome, as are the Bike, Liccflii, Basscadet and Flutter live versions...

I don't know if there's more, but I'd pounce on a collection of live/extended edits of previously released album tracks that they've played live or included in their promo mixes throughout the years.

Then again, I'd probably pounce on a collection of fart sounds if they thought to officially release them...

<shrug>

I don't doubt that AE make more interesting sounds while sitting on the toilets for 10 minutes than most musicians will ever wind up releasing throughout their entire careers.

Can hear Sean beat boxing while droppin a load in my head right now... And it's pure bliss.

Mira Calix is one fucking lucky human being.

=P

Especially during holidays... Rob totally spends holidays with the Booth family, right?

<eyes rolling into the back of my head with ecstacy>

Rob in the downstairs bathroom while Sean is upstairs after feasting on a Christmas ham... Calix could sample the shit out of the chorus echoes reverberating throughout the flat and wind up with a masterpiece.

Aren't they divorced? Hoping they're not, ofcourse.

=X

I really hope not... It still says that they're married on the Mira Calix discogs page, though I don't know how often people really update info there...

=/

Remember the 10min version of VL AL 5?

Aye, and the 11 minute Kalpol Introl..... lovely stuff

Kalpol's the only one I can think of off the top of my head where the extended version matters. The extended VL/Uviol (I know there's at least like 1 more if not others, right? from the long streaming broadcasts?) sorta make the case that editing the tracks down for albums is (to my ears) better. Or at least doesn't hurt the track. I don't hear Uviol on Confield and go 'yeah, where's the extra 3 minutes in there?' basically. VL AL on Draft is perfect as it is. Hearing the extended stuff is interesting enough, but it isn't /necessary/ either. 

i can understand the desire for shorter more succinct albums but it also seems like that would clearly go against where the band is at atm. between Elseq and NTS sessions you've got about 10 tracks that go for 20 minutes or longer, and that's not counting the ambient hour long track. 

the band have always had a tendency for producing ~10 minute, long drawn out psychedelic meditation trip outs to hip hop beats kinda tracks, that you lose yourself in and lose perception of time and space maaan. just now they have the means of being able to release the work digitally and in a format that's more in line with the kind of music they're producing. 

Indeed. Before this they were constrained by the choices of media to release upon. Remember the 10min version of VL AL 5?

bolded is a very good point spi. Without those constraints they're pushing the envelope a bit and remaining truly experimental I suppose. Commendable.

I never really thought of that.

Is there a general consensus on which sets are the real bangers? I want to start with the best. 

It's my opinion and definitely not a general consensus but PORTLAND hit me the hardest.

I think I'll start with Portland, and then Vancouver (only because I was there and want to revisit it). =)

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I love fiber optic internet lol. 19 new chre' sets, less than 1 minute to download them all =/

Awww, you decided to get them all...

=D

I've come to the conclusion that these AE_Live soundboards are my favorite out of all of Autechre's releases so far. I hope they wind up having the same effect on you.

=D

Edited by Hk47

Friendly reminder that we're pulling our puds over a set that is 4 years old. Can't even imagine what they are working on now.  On one level it seems like over saturation of "new" Autechre, but I'm guessing elseq, NTS, and these live sets are all from the same body of work.  I can not wait to hear their actual new NEW stuff – things they've been refining over the past 3 years that hasnt even seen the light of day yet

Boner. Time.

people who saw the 2017-2018 live shows don't need to imagine. 

they played column thirteen + other unreleased soup-y material :-)

Edited by bitchroast

on the drive from work i made a workmate listen to portsmouth from about 20min mark (when that funky kick snare n bass from hell drops) I was like, so what do u reckon? and he goes, i think it's going to wake everyone up. it is 1am.

i think he liked it!

Only have Vancouver (again) and DC left on the NA sets, as I've gone thru them in alphabetical order in the past month. 17 down, 2 to go.

Is it just me, or did Sean & Rob seem kinda drunk on the Toronto set lol