IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

seattle is probably my fav so far 4th straight listen, it's a standout for sure ... a lot of you were right.

There were a lot of strung-out arseholes at the actual show, but the ending sounded even better in person.

Remember when we left the Vancouver show, right outside of the exit there was two people sitting on a mat or mattress shooting up? lol

Shawn and Bob hightailed it onto their bus really quick.

ah memories lol.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

seattle is probably my fav so far 4th straight listen, it's a standout for sure ... a lot of you were right.

There were a lot of strung-out arseholes at the actual show, but the ending sounded even better in person.

Remember when we left the Vancouver show, right outside of the exit there was two people sitting on a mat or mattress shooting up? lol

Shawn and Bob hightailed it onto their bus really quick.

ah memories lol.

Yeah I think the bus was already started and they were getting ready to board by the time we made it outside.

I imagine Seattle to have been somewhat similar in its vibe? I've always heard Vancouver and Seattle compared to each other.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

• 2 weeks later...

car stereo keeps restarting the songs when I crank it up again :dry:

e: but what I've been able to hear sounds really cool. lots of shadows of elseq and NTS, and I think I recognized a bit of melody from some Oversteps track but that could be my imagination.

Edited by mushroom

no my car is starting the mp3 over when it gets to like 50 minutes in and I turn the car off and then turn it back on later. putting them all together would make it even worse!

I guess I have to listen to them at home. or plan hour long car trips. or get an actual mp3 player.

no my car is starting the mp3 over when it gets to like 50 minutes in and I turn the car off and then turn it back on later. putting them all together would make it even worse!

I guess I have to listen to them at home. or plan hour long car trips. or get an actual mp3 player.

Ahh i see. more of a Gescom mini disc kinda car.

Very Cool. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 1:09 AM, mushroom said:

my favorite part of these live sets so far is the big booming wobble bass part

You mean the part that goes like brrr ta brrr ta brrr tata brrrr brr? Also one of my favourite parts

8 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

You mean the part that goes like brrr ta brrr ta brrr tata brrrr brr? Also one of my favourite parts

more like something like "WOB, WOB, WOB, WOB, WOB, WOB, WOB, WOB, WOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOB"

edit: this bit (19:26 timestamp):

Edited by mushroom

• 2 weeks later...

been listening to these in my car off a usb stick in alphabetical order cuz thats just how the files are named and get sorted, and it's weird to hear Krakow and how the majority of it is taken up by what is in roughly the first half of the other sets. I thought about scripting up a mass rename script to put the dates first but eh cba

8 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

obviously all this is the result of an error, and the links are nothing more than those of 2008. For a moment I hoped for the definitive gift: how to play AE_LIVE at home.

however, for those with a minimum of practice, it would now seem possible to recreate the live on mac without necessarily having the original machines

Edited by Draft78

dunno if I listened to Atlanta before but I did today and it's very good. end goes a little out there but the first 40 minutes is top. great transitions/attitude.

2 hours ago, auxien said:

dunno if I listened to Atlanta before but I did today and it's very good. end goes a little out there but the first 40 minutes is top. great transitions/attitude.

decided to listen to this one just now at home cuz of this post and yeah agreed. esp. really incredible wob wobs in the wob wob section, had to get up and jump around for a bit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 6:49 PM, mushroom said:

18 of 28 listened to, best ones so far:

Atlanta

Denver

Los Angeles

New York

Adding:

Philadelphia

Portland (last 30 minutes in particular is like WHOA)