Sign in to follow this  
homecharlie

AE_LIVE

The box set for on the corner is def the closest thing to nts. Just variations on themes that go all over the place but stay there at the same time.

that actually sounds more like autechres quadrange EPs. 

DpQ9YJl.png

Posted (edited)

these releases feel like the ae equivalent of old megamixes of electro and house. everything packed together and happening at once, fast paced, etc.

Edited by tneuvm

The box set for on the corner is def the closest thing to nts. Just variations on themes that go all over the place but stay there at the same time.

DpQ9YJl.png

really? the quadrange stuff is the most hip hop oriented stuff they’ve done in ages to me.

Posted (edited)

seattle is probably my fav so far 4th straight listen, it's a standout for sure ... a lot of you were right.

There were a lot of strung-out arseholes at the actual show, but the ending sounded even better in person.

Edited by ambermonk

Strung out?

DpQ9YJl.png

really? the quadrange stuff is the most hip hop oriented stuff they’ve done in ages to me.

ah yep definitely. 

i was more makning reference to the alternate takes appearing. dumb analogy on my part :^)

seattle is probably my fav so far 4th straight listen, it's a standout for sure ... a lot of you were right.

There were a lot of strung-out arseholes at the actual show, but the ending sounded even better in person.

Yeh I get that, tbh it's very different listening to them live in person and at home or car or whatever so i can't hold judgement on ppl, i wish i had payed more attention and given more respect when they came to melbourne, it became to social which was kind of inevitable ...but it impacted the experience of actually listening to them negatively i feel.

seattle has such a focus on more playful repetition though, and it groves like hell, the seem to have found more of a purpose for some motifs as well, rhythmically or melodically speking... it feels separate from the others for me, like a different state of mind, dunno

Posted (edited)

Remember when we left the Vancouver show, right outside of the exit there was two people sitting on a mat or mattress shooting up? lol

Shawn and Bob hightailed it onto their bus really quick.

ah memories lol.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Remember when we left the Vancouver show, right outside of the exit there was two people sitting on a mat or mattress shooting up? lol

Shawn and Bob hightailed it onto their bus really quick.

ah memories lol.

Yeah I think the bus was already started and they were getting ready to board by the time we made it outside.

Posted (edited)

I imagine Seattle to have been somewhat similar in its vibe? I've always heard Vancouver and Seattle compared to each other.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

bout to finally start breaking into these. copying over all 28 sets to a usb drive to play in my car for the next forever

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

car stereo keeps restarting the songs when I crank it up again :dry:

e: but what I've been able to hear sounds really cool. lots of shadows of elseq and NTS, and I think I recognized a bit of melody from some Oversteps track but that could be my imagination.

Edited by mushroom

make a single file mp3 with all the tracks back to back like a big nts mega mix 

no my car is starting the mp3 over when it gets to like 50 minutes in and I turn the car off and then turn it back on later. putting them all together would make it even worse!

I guess I have to listen to them at home. or plan hour long car trips. or get an actual mp3 player.

no my car is starting the mp3 over when it gets to like 50 minutes in and I turn the car off and then turn it back on later. putting them all together would make it even worse!

I guess I have to listen to them at home. or plan hour long car trips. or get an actual mp3 player.

Ahh i see. more of a Gescom mini disc kinda car.

Very Cool. 

my favorite part of these live sets so far is the big booming wobble bass part

i'm also enjoying the occasional appearances of the t1a1 cat

On 5/6/2019 at 1:09 AM, mushroom said:

my favorite part of these live sets so far is the big booming wobble bass part

You mean the part that goes like brrr ta brrr ta brrr tata brrrr brr? Also one of my favourite parts

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

You mean the part that goes like brrr ta brrr ta brrr tata brrrr brr? Also one of my favourite parts

more like something like "WOB, WOB, WOB, WOB, WOB, WOB, WOB, WOB, WOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOB"

edit: this bit (19:26 timestamp):

Edited by mushroom

been listening to these in my car off a usb stick in alphabetical order cuz thats just how the files are named and get sorted, and it's weird to hear Krakow and how the majority of it is taken up by what is in roughly the first half of the other sets. I thought about scripting up a mass rename script to put the dates first but eh cba

What is the best live track of them all?? Talking about best tunes, mix, parts etc.. Is it Krakow? 

Seattle I see most of you like 🙂

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

obviously all this is the result of an error, and the links are nothing more than those of 2008. For a moment I hoped for the definitive gift: how to play AE_LIVE at home.

however, for those with a minimum of practice, it would now seem possible to recreate the live on mac without necessarily having the original machines

Edited by Draft78