IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

2 hours ago, xox said:

Both of them, him and Russell, were fakn great! Batteries in my field recorder were low so i had power only to record ae. I managed to record only few minutes of maddocks but i had to turn the recorder off for later ?
My gf preferred Haswell to ae! Go figure!

Were you the source of the recording xox? Big thanks to you.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, EXTRASUPER81 said:

Were you the source of the recording xox? Big thanks to you.

If you mean the Zagreb show, then yes. 

• Like 2

Hoping Zagreb is among the sets. Best onesix I've heard.

What about the Japan and Australia dates? They have some onesix elements in them, but the sets were quite different. Later release?

8 hours ago, eclipsis said:

Haswell's performance was the most painful thing to listen to I've ever experienced, and I'm not even exaggerating. It was torture. To this day I think it was some kind of trolling that I didn't consider that funny unfortunately. Andy's set was great. And AE, well, total lushness ofc.

apparently his was in a certain mood in london, cause in warsaw he played tremendously...

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, eye said:

Hoping Zagreb is among the sets. Best onesix I've heard.

What about the Japan and Australia dates? They have some onesix elements in them, but the sets were quite different. Later release?

I am hoping for Japan the most, except for london obvsly (because I was there :^)

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

I am hoping for Japan the most, except for london obvsly (because I was there :^)

They've already released Nagano & Dublin, so I'd like to think Australia gets priority among the 2018ers unless the former simply happen to be worthier sets. The Japan one was pretty good from memory.

But in Oct/Nov 2016 they did about 28 sets, and if they are only releasing several at this point you'd anticipate it will only be 2016 Europe at this point.

Edited by Roo

It's a running joke with people who claim they enjoy Haswell that his stuff is good, they know it isn't but it's sort of an ironic thing. It's quite proveably terrible.

Wut I enjoyed A lot his set, and his commentaries between the tracks were the cherry on top. One of a kind !

andy maddocks was the shit man, I tried to Shazam but no results for his bangers. He played a lot of hip hop x idm, like the fear ratio. Ace !

i was in Lyon and Nijmegen gigs. I reckon I prefered the Ae set from Lyon, and I hope it will be in the first OneSix batch !

• Like 2

thought haswell was good fun in leipzig. 
pumped for tonight and double thanks to rob and sean as its my birthday!

???

Saw Hassell opening for 2 ae gigs, both were great sets. If Autechre release the Tourcoing 2016 gig (first night of the tour) i wonder if it will include the encore (after the « regular » set) ?? 

Manchester and Birmingham sets from the years....

The Musicbox, Rainbow, Medbar, Wharehouse Project, that place where they film Corrie... Pls

I was at all those so would be ace to reminisce. Would cover 2016 too.

Also a few new jams, an album and some live sets streamed showing detailed close ups of the process.. Ve must know zee process! (Include patches, software, midi files etc as a download)

i got 12 weeks minimum lockdown to get thru due to medicine for my poorly pooper and the bleepstore is one of the only shops I’m allowed to visit.

Rob, Sean pls 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Some of the noises I believed to be background ambience are actually part of the set

Same here. Quite surprised about these "silent moments" between massive chords on 45 min mark in Helsinki set. There's literal silence, no background stuff sometimes. Haven't heard pauses in ae music

Edited by adm1n
edited timestamp
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, adm1n said:

Same here. Quite surprised about these "silent moments" between massive chords on 45 min mark in Helsinki set. There's literal silence, no background stuff sometimes. Haven't heard pauses in ae music

I already commented on the other thread about this, the chord progression sounds clean, dry and almost tinny compared to how it sounded like in situ in Helsinki. There's more meat on them bones on the surprisingly high quality bootleg recording of the gig - but of course nothing compares to having been there.

• Like 1

The new batch has the album name 'AE_LIVE 2016/2018'. It make more sense to me (cause I love to organise) to name the AE_LIVE batch 'AE_LIVE 2014/2015'. Even for older live recordings/bootlegs/soundboards it seems logical to me to add the year (like..AE_LIVE 2008, AE_LIVE 1995/1996, Etc.). And of course for future AE_LIVE releases.

>Example

Edited by Zantman
  • Burger 2

can anyone explain the lack of bass in the recordings? i mean, i was there, the bass was huuuuge, it shuttered your chest.

and yet it's almost absent from the recordings...