Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Gave a listen to 'em all. The Zagreb and Dublin ones were my favourites but I dunno but the majority onesix stuff was a bit too "musique concrete" for me. They're more formless than the latter portion of their live stuff. It sounded good in the background while doing things but it didn't grab me the way the other live shows did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it's quite abstract and subtle for live stuff, but I like it. Me listening to this  

I noticed a small (not important at all, but still it should be corrected) error. 'AE_LIVE_MELBOURNE_220618' should actually be 'AE_LIVE_MELBOURNE_210618' - Source: https://www.residentadvisor.ne

that's more how i remember it: (da bum tss)

Posted Images

Yes, it's quite abstract and subtle for live stuff, but I like it.

Me listening to this

Spoiler

Moebius_StrengthOfMan_100.jpg

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Entorwellian said:

Gave a listen to 'em all. The Zagreb and Dublin ones were my favourites but I dunno but the majority onesix stuff was a bit too "musique concrete" for me. They're more formless than the latter portion of their live stuff. It sounded good in the background while doing things but it didn't grab me the way the other live shows did.

Onesix didnt grab you because you used it as background music....

Do a deep listen of 'Helsinki'

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

Onesix didnt grab you because you used it as background music....

Do a deep listen of 'Helsinki'

I will do this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oslo is one the best live albums I've heard in the last 25 years, on any genre, period. Amazing, really amazing, sutile, powerful.

Also lovely the Drane2 ghost at the end of the set.

Honest thanks to s&r, this album has convinced and motivated me to start my own journey making music on my late 30s. Fuck.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2020 at 4:51 AM, Entorwellian said:

I will do this.

Yeah man deep listening is Def rewarded here, there's so much going on across the stereo field. Go out for an evening walk with a decent pair of headphones.

I'm cursing my brother in law for sharing some utterly fucking dunderheaded shit on FB that I caught just before I went out to walk the dog yesterday. All the way distracted myself by thinking about all the pointless comments I could make but won't, instead of giving Dublin and the crazy twisted old chestnut trees on the walk the undivided attention they deserve.

Edited by EXTRASUPER81
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2020 at 10:51 PM, zkom said:

Yes, it's quite abstract and subtle for live stuff, but I like it.

Me listening to this

  Hide contents

Moebius_StrengthOfMan_100.jpg

 

That's wicked. Love Moebius.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the new live sets -- the music, the sound quality(!), the mood. So many familiar elements from previous years' sets but something completely different.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Played Nijmegen a few times because I was there, pretty great, Zagreb, like Nijmegen with some differences but Dublin: wow.

The finale chords were better in the other two (much dirtier) but that’s only a minor detail. *what* a wonderful piece of music.

Edited by rhmilo
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dublin is the best of the batch for me. It just goes. And that ending bit is just perfection. If they are already working on the new live stuff to come after their new album, I can’t imagine how bizarre it’s going to be. I still want the 1 hour tt1pd assault. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jules said:

Dublin is the best of the batch for me. It just goes. And that ending bit is just perfection. If they are already working on the new live stuff to come after their new album, I can’t imagine how bizarre it’s going to be. I still want the 1 hour tt1pd assault. 

Think Sean said live stuff was more or less done, just needs an intro on mixlr chat.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve understand more with this batch what they said about the dryness of how soundboards can sound, and how their music live is done for a certain space, in specific conditions.( Iirc they play in the pitch dark cause it cancels the space of the venue)

the organs stabs is the good example : it was breathless in live, because so much quantity of air particles became silent. it was loud and shocking and unexpected.

i don’t feel this in headphones with the sets, but Im confined far from my genelecs for now, maybe it will restitute the same feeling on speakers ? Have you blasted those beasts on cans ?
 

Nb I member some guyz shouted “yeah ! “ During silences. Horrendous. Pls don’t do this. 
 


wait, was it me ? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zaizai said:

I’ve understand more with this batch what they said about the dryness of how soundboards can sound, and how their music live is done for a certain space, in specific conditions.( Iirc they play in the pitch dark cause it cancels the space of the venue)

the organs stabs is the good example : it was breathless in live, because so much quantity of air particles became silent. it was loud and shocking and unexpected.

i don’t feel this in headphones with the sets, but Im confined far from my genelecs for now, maybe it will restitute the same feeling on speakers ? Have you blasted those beasts on cans ?
 

Nb I member some guyz shouted “yeah ! “ During silences. Horrendous. Pls don’t do this. 
 


wait, was it me ? 

 

yeah kinda hard to describe how massive the organ stabs bit sounded live. i didnt even mind the inevitable whoops from the collective energy of the crowd, and then it quickly settles into another groove.  can confirm it doesnt sound the same on my home speakers but im not in the position to crank the volume up as it would be at the show.

Edited by markedone
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda enjoyed the yelling in between organ blasts on the bootlegs. Sounds less intense on the release.

 

One thing that sucks about the sets is they aren't kind to my car speakers. They can't handle bass so a lot of it just sounds like shit. But on headphones, omg.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The organ stabs were a bit too intense and overwhelming live not to trigger human reactions from an audience already in the dark enjoying heady grooves and maybe not expecting that alarming turn of events. It is easier to hear the nuances through the soundboards, more sensible home listening.

Edited by Roo
Link to post
Share on other sites

I also prefer soundboards bc it wasn’t enjoyable listening to it live for me, bc it was just too fakn loud. The parts that are gentle and tender on the soundboard sounded like a horror movie live. And it wasn’t not even nearly clean sounding like on the recording.

Edited by xox
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the organ stabs sound good on the soundboards to be honest. Not having the audience whooping makes it even better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 6:48 PM, very honest said:

image.png.ab62f80d616af134bcb189647372fe75.png

Correct. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty much forced to purchase an expensive pair of headphones because of this release. I'm not in control anymore. The bass is in these sets is insane.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Zooluus said:

I was pretty much forced to purchase an expensive pair of headphones because of this release. I'm not in control anymore. The bass is in these sets is insane.

Which cans did you buy?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zooluus said:

I was pretty much forced to purchase an expensive pair of headphones because of this release. I'm not in control anymore. The bass is in these sets is insane.

These sound beautiful on my new Neumann NDH 20 hp!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IDEM said:

Which cans did you buy?

sennheiser momentum 3's

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

new shirts arrived today, deffo nicer "in the cloth".

Pic? It's not looking cool on the site, especially the "Live" on the back side

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...