• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it's quite abstract and subtle for live stuff, but I like it. Me listening to this  

is this anyone else here?

Dublin: I came to the conclusion that it is the most rich live in details and subtexts (which is also quite predictable being the last elaboration of onesix). If you do not let yourself be distracted

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Chabraendeky said:

The guy made a drawing of an Autechre gig of 2016.

that's more how i remember it:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/Malevich.black-square.jpg/605px-Malevich.black-square.jpg

(da bum tss)

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 1
1 minute ago, jaderpansen said:

that's more how i remember it:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/Malevich.black-square.jpg/605px-Malevich.black-square.jpg

This, plus a bottle of beer in my hand.

:beer:

On 5/6/2020 at 6:18 AM, Chabraendeky said:

The guy made a drawing of an Autechre gig of 2016.

This Napo from Uochi Toki: here in Italy they are well known, they play a rap that often winks at Ae, lyrics are trippy mental, those who do not speak Italian lose 50% of what is behind; they still deserve a listen

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, zaizai said:

85032C74-23BE-45CF-9561-84976F5C7B87.png

in all honesty, this worries me a little: they will return to play in the big festivals, which means that, in Italy, they will play at Club2Club: the worst thinkable place, but also the only Italian festival that can host them. Not to mention the expense: the festival ticket costs at least three times what you would spend if they played alone in a theater.

this guy made this video just to complain about the painful condition in which the live at club2club took place

Autechre, avoid festivals pls, they are a pain in the ass for those who come to listen only to you

Edited by Draft78
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1
2 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

in all honesty, this worries me a little: they will return to play in the big festivals, which means that, in Italy, they will play at Club2Club: the worst thinkable place, but also the only Italian festival that can host them. Not to mention the expense: the festival ticket costs at least three times what you would spend if they played alone in a theater.

Autechre, avoid festivals pls, they are a pain in the ass for those who come to listen only to you

This.

11 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

boys gotta make their $$$

• 5 weeks later...

dublin @ 37 min and 55 min

; _ ;

fak everything else! nobody's like ae

Edited by xox
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Listened to the Melbourne set for the first time, love how the organ stabs transform into this great 8 bit bit with some heavy bass parts. 

Lots to discover here it seems. The variations between the first five are more subtle. There's the obvious banging parts, but there's such an incredible amount of really beautiful, moving, melodic parts in these sets.

Edited by eye
  • Like 1

Dublin: I came to the conclusion that it is the most rich live in details and subtexts (which is also quite predictable being the last elaboration of onesix). If you do not let yourself be distracted by the guide melody, which is repeated for at least 15 minutes, and pay attention to the surrounding sounds, you will discover a constant network of melodies and counterpoints: I have the impression that, if in previous dates, the bulk of the work lies in the supporting structure, in the case of Dublin it is the arrangement that plays the key role.

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...

man there’s a lot of weird fucking textures all over this onesix stuff. listening to Melbourne now, bells and scraping synth stabs and pumping beats and tiny little percussive creatures and just...shit’s weird and good.

• Like 3

FYI - Looks like that incorrectly dated Melbourne release title has been fixed by now through AE_Store (21st instead of Hobart 22nd). Might have happened several months ago but glad to see the mistake was eventually noticed and correction made.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, markedone said:

Either I cant find them, or the onesix sets are no longer available to purchase on https://autechre.warp.net/??

This was mentioned in another thread. It's still there, but there's no link on the store front or menu.

https://autechre.warp.net/release/185826-autechre-aelive-20162018

Someone here has sent a mail to Warp to see if they could sort this out.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...