Jump to content

AE_LIVE


homecharlie
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 3:55 PM, Draft78 said:

4 hours of AE_ALIVE remixing

 

1730271326_itsalive.thumb.jpeg.027185a9ec800e4b4011b52b09d60f43.jpeg

This is amazing. Some real work has gone into that! I recall reading there was a similar thing done for onesix - does anyone know if there is or is it the Mandela effect?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, EXTRASUPER81 said:

This is amazing. Some real work has gone into that! I recall reading there was a similar thing done for onesix - does anyone know if there is or is it the Mandela effect?

yes, this latest mix - the same guy made a first one, a few years ago, which he - or she? - seems not satisfied with - is very accurate, even the decision to move some initial sections of the set, towards the end, has its own reason. being, although it represents a completely arbitrary choice.
  The onesix mix can be found here:


it seems that in the description there is also the download link

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Draft78 said:

yes, this latest mix - the same guy made a first one, a few years ago, which he - or she? - seems not satisfied with - is very accurate, even the decision to move some initial sections of the set, towards the end, has its own reason. being, although it represents a completely arbitrary choice.
  The onesix mix can be found here:


it seems that in the description there is also the download link

hey im friends with the person that made this (and the elseq 6-10 thing) and i wanted to say that their pronouns are she/her and they/them!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Draft78 said:

it seems that in the description there is also the download link

link is busted. it goes to a reddit post w/a google drive link. sadly, link no worky. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, X4creek said:

hey im friends with the person that made this (and the elseq 6-10 thing) and i wanted to say that their pronouns are she/her and they/them!

Non-Males?!

In MY Autechre fanbase?

 

More likely than you think.

 

Edited by Kid Lukie
dwsaef
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

link is busted. it goes to a reddit post w/a google drive link. sadly, link no worky. 

Wait a sec, I found a link that worked last night

https://archive.org/details/AE_ONESIX

7 hours ago, X4creek said:

hey im friends with the person that made this (and the elseq 6-10 thing) and i wanted to say that their pronouns are she/her and they/them!

Give big thanks to them, really fantastic!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ngl I actually haven't listened to the onesix edit in full lmao but yeh elseq 6-10 is fantastic made me appreciate the songs on AE_LIVE more easily

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, X4creek said:

hey im friends with the person that made this (and the elseq 6-10 thing) and i wanted to say that their pronouns are she/her and they/them!

listening to the elseq 6-10 and loving it. some really 'deluxe' moments in there and i'm only 20 minutes in. nice work. kudos/high five etc to your friend. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Confession: I wound up revisiting the initial live sets so infrequently that I decided to sleep on the onesix crop. 

That gnawed on me over time so I wanted to splash for 1 in full 24 bit glory. You lads went on and on about Dublin and I just want to thank you because it does indeed slap. The final 40 minutes are some satisfying cyborg climaxes after all that edging.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So is it most people's opinion that the live stuff is better than elseq and nts? 

As far as new stuff goes, new being exai and newer, I'd like to know what I should be checking out because I've kinda been ignoring ae for a bit and tonight I decided I want to get back into the stuff.

Edited by yekker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, yekker said:

So is it most people's opinion that the live stuff is better than elseq and nts? 

As far as new stuff goes, new being exai and newer, I'd like to know what I should be checking out because I've kinda been ignoring ae for a bit and tonight I decided I want to get back into the stuff.

If you haven't checked Exai properly, do so. In my opinion it's their best album yet. It has everything AE is known for and feels very composed. Also the length of the album is perfect for what it is in my opinion. There's no weak moment. Well, I mean Exai + L-event actually. The original idea was to release 5 EPs but 4 of those EPs ended up as an album (Exai) while the 5th EP (L-event) is standalone. L-event was actually released only in an inner sleeve (sort of a fancy one) and fits into the Exai box.

NTS Sessions have my second place among the new era of AE. It's long as fuck but filled with great ideas and stunning sound design. I enjoy AE_LIVE very much but can't say I listen to it that often.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

for me:

onesix=ae_live>elseq≈sign>nts(2 in particular)>xi>plus

or something like that, fluctuates with mood.

so i guess

6 hours ago, yekker said:

So is it most people's opinion that the live stuff is better than elseq and nts? 

in my case yeah, but

1 hour ago, very honest said:

i like it all and consider it all leagues beyond mortal music

^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

for me:

onesix=ae_live>elseq≈sign>nts(2 in particular)>xi>plus

or something like that, fluctuates with mood.

so i guess

in my case yeah, but

^

What is onesix?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

onesix is the catchall term for the more ambient/beatless-leaning and most recent live set (from '16-'18, i think?). selected sets available for download at https://autechre.warp.net along with AE_LIVE (beat-heavy, lots of sets available, live set from '14-'15 i think)

SIGN and PLUS are both really good, and so is NTS but it's so sprawling and with lots of dense & long tracks that it might be pretty daunting for the non-hardcore listeners.

Exai is pretty cool, might be a good place to start if you've been out of the loop since around then, but still has a lot of different feels from track to track, a few absolute standout tracks.

avoid elseq imo, i think it's mostly mediocre/some just weak (but i'm in the minority here i think).

but really, maybe just listen to some previews and follow your nose. :music:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exai is teh god. 

elseq has soooo many amazing gems. i made a playlist after a while of all my favs and it's pretty deep and i love listening to it. a great listen.  there's stuff on elseq that has no equal imo. 

so, elseq is also teh god. 

nts is like being plundered by morphed versions of evolved ae releases. pristine digitalness. 

idk.. i'm biased by my own opinions. wait.. what?

Edited by ignatius
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2021 at 3:34 PM, auxien said:

avoid elseq imo, i think it's mostly mediocre/some just weak (but i'm in the minority here i think).

I'm also not a huge fan, I think it has a few absolute gems, but the rest is sort of hit or miss for me. I've always had trouble with the way it's mixed, everything is so dense and pushed to the front, it can feel kind of claustrophobic. I like the more subtle deep-mixing style of SIGN/PLUS.

I love NTS though, that's probably my fav of the decade. The live material is all great too, but I strongly prefer the onesix sets to the 2014/15 ones, probably for similar reasons - more subtle and nuanced.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will also say that of the post-Exai material, elseq is my least favorite 

however some tracks on elseq are absolutely amazing, and are superior to much of NTS. But the “whole” document just doesn’t hold up well enough. It would have made a great ~2hr album with certain tracks cut out 

Edited by fizzkinz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...