IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

20 hours ago, splesh said:

When I saw Ae on this tour I was very excited and it remains the only time (so far, fingers crossed for more in the future) I've seen the lads live. Now while I was certainly thrilled to see my favourite musicians performing an incredible live set the night of was lackluster. This was in no part due to the brothers 'chre however, and was in fact that of the people who manage and run the Phoenix Entertainment Centre. Neither was the venue dark enough nor the music clear or loud enough. I am over the moon that they released soundboards for this tour, because it meant that in most important respects, I was better able to enjoy the music from that night better after the fact.

And holy shit is this ever a great set.  It might feel trite at this point to say so for the millionth time, but I can't help it: it's incredible not to mention rare that a musical act delivers so much of its best material a quarter century to thirty years into its career.

which city was it at? im a little too lazy to look up rn lol sorry

• 2 months later...

if on the one hand this is the news that more than anything else I was waiting for, on the other hand there is the regret that it is still happening at c2c - the world worst possible place for Ae - and not at the terraforma festival as announced last year, which it seemed like the perfect place. WTFFFFF. Life as an endless compromise between light and darkness.

• Like 1

yep, at c2c, however, there is this until 3 in the morning, when Sam and Bob arrive. I also let you imagine the reaction of the crowd when suddenly the light (and the testosterone) are turned off to make room for Autechre.  How to start the civil war. :cisfor: 

Italian WATMMers -- we are counting on you to get us a good bootleg unless/until official live recordings are announced.

tbh, there are still one or two of the Onesix tour things where I'm partial to the fan bootlegs, even though they have worse sound quality, because of the cheering fans. I can't remember which tour it's from now but there's a small handful of moments I wish we got to have studio versions of, like that one super arpeggiated one (I'm sure as you read this you know which I mean).

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 2

the good will is there, but I must confess that I am famous for a real talent: that of transforming everything I try to record into catastrophic fart.. Krakow, Katowice, that damned 2016 c2c : my recordings have had the distinction of being the absolute worst. Years before, I have not even tried, leaving resigned. Now, i have a Sony ICD-UX560 and 9 months to figure out what to do to avoid merzbow. This poor tired slow brain

51 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

the good will is there, but I must confess that I am famous for a real talent: that of transforming everything I try to record into catastrophic fart.. Krakow, Katowice, that damned 2016 c2c : my recordings have had the distinction of being the absolute worst. Years before, I have not even tried, leaving resigned. Now, i have a Sony ICD-UX560 and 9 months to figure out what to do to avoid merzbow. This poor tired slow brain

recording volume: turn it down. i believe in you man! ❤️

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

recording volume: turn it down. i believe in you man! ❤️

Also…

2. turn the low cut filter on; only high quality mics can handle those amounts of bass

3. try to find a direct access to speakers (but not too close to the speakers) - avoid places where crowd clutters the direct sound too much

Edited by xox
  • Like 2

on previous occasions I had a recorder that didn't leave much room for settings, this new one is a bit more versatile .. I'll try to adjust the volume to 12db. The pitch dark and the Krakatoa of kethamine will try to sabotage me, but I will succeed. I hope to be able to get a better myophone than the built-in one. The crowd of c2c is the biggest problem, but the stadium chants of insults will last a quarter of an hour, then the space will be deserted...

On 1/31/2022 at 4:32 AM, Draft78 said:

yes yes but how to say.. Arca seems to have some distractions on stage when supposed to make stuff

they also played together in sonar '15, first arca and I liked his/her set but sean & rob you know, is another level.

• Facepalm 1