IGNORED

[Star Trek: Discovery] New Star Trek Series 2017

Nebraska

wait, the black girl is supposed to be vulcan? out of all those characters, she looks the most emotional and aren't vulcan's supposed to suppress all their emotions? sad

wait, the black girl is supposed to be vulcan? out of all those characters, she looks the most emotional and aren't vulcan's supposed to suppress all their emotions? sad

I had the same thought when I realized she's always doing the vulcan sign of peace or whatever it is...I looked it up this morning. She's human but was raised by Vulcans, Sarek particularly, for some undisclosed reason. :cisfor:

She's human, but was raised by Sarek, so technically she's like Spock's foster sister. As this is 10 years before Star Trek TOS, maybe young Spock will appear? Who knows where this thing is going.

Michael Dorn was also offered a minor role as Worf's grandfather I believe, the character he played in Star Trek VI, but he passed on it as he thought it was a token role and beneath him. Lol

Thanks lada that's pretty messed up of them, but who knows if it was just going to be a day or two of work or what though. Discovery is going to suck anyway :)

I'm sure all of the above, but it's not like casting agents are knocking down his door these days. I think voice work is his main gig now, I seem him a lot in animated stuff.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I think it looks pretty entertaining, lots of action and explosions, classic Star Trek innit.

first four episode titles of star trek discovery are:

"the vulcan hello""

"battle at the binary stars"

"context is for kings"

"the butcher's knife cares not for the lamb's cry"

http://www.startrek.com/article/watch-first-four-discovery-episode-titles-revealed

i actually do want this to be good. with the exception of farscape, firefly and maybe the more recent expanse if we're stretching it, existing tv space operas are either too dated, too corny, too shit or some kind of a mix of that. so there's enough room to do something cool within this genre and it looks like it's got the necessary budget at least. that lead actress is indeed pretty terrible and probably like 30% of the running time it'll be busy ticking all the start trek references boxes and staying "true to star trek roots" for reddit to wank over. but whatever, i thought it's scheduled for 2022 or something, but it's out in a few days so there's no point in preemptively shitting on it i guess. CANT WAIT TILL THEY REVEAL THE NAME OF THE BOOM OPERATOR FOR THE PILOT ANYWAY.