IGNORED

[Star Trek: Discovery] New Star Trek Series 2017

Nebraska

there's a TNG episode called the outcast  where will riker falls in love with a transgender person. that person comes from a planet where people are born with no gender, and are supposed to live that way, so despite the individual appearing male- they feel more female (something they are not supposed to feel according to their planet and cultures customs)

Guest bitroast

yeh Star Trek is tricky cos it has equality in its roots but the shows roots are sci fi tv serial in the 1960s. by the 90s onwards, equality and diversity was becoming tad more commonplace on tv and it's now existing in an environment where there are less barriers to break without it nec feeling forcefully shoehorned in. it really depends on how they handle whatever it is they decide to do.

I kind of doubt it'll be any focal point of the show anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Delayed indefinitely? So, they're considering cancelling it, basically. Good job fucking things up CBS.

Unless they fix things and get off their streaming only subscription service bullshit, then good job CBS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

check out the trailer

This looks weak, badly acted, and convoluted. Convoluted I can deal with because Star Trek, but the rest... and as someone said lol at the lens flare. This is gonna be bad, I'm calling it now.