IGNORED

[Star Trek: Discovery] New Star Trek Series 2017

Nebraska

I like that they're touching on the "problem of the week" formula whilst keeping with the overall arc. I don't imagine they'll keep that up, but a bit of variety is nice. I'm really starting to love the show!

Are they not moving to different Trek time periods for each season? I heard that... somewhere.

I like that they're touching on the "problem of the week" formula whilst keeping with the overall arc. I don't imagine they'll keep that up, but a bit of variety is nice. I'm really starting to love the show!

Are they not moving to different Trek time periods for each season? I heard that... somewhere.

I think that was Bryan Fuller's original plan but since he's no longer involved, who knows? At this point I've gotten really attached to the crew and would be a little bummed if we only had 13 episodes with them.

Also did anyone feel like the last episode was heavily edited? It felt 5-7 minutes too short, for one (40 minutes including previously-on and credits, whew) and I know it was originally supposed to be the midseason finale but they bumped it back. I still enjoyed it, but it felt crazy rushed.

Started watching the Orville to pass the time until a new episode is released. Anyone seen it yet?

It's watchable. I expected the comedy aspect to be larger, but it's mildly humorous with more of a traditional Star Trek vibe.

Started watching the Orville to pass the time until a new episode is released. Anyone seen it yet?

it's the worst off-brand pile of shit I've ever seen. Just watch TNG if you're interested in the Orville. It does nothing new, and parrots better properties poorly with unfunny dick jokes inserted randomly. It's like the Two and a Half Men of science fiction.

it's the worst off-brand pile of shit I've ever seen. Just watch TNG if you're interested in the Orville. It does nothing new, and parrots better properties poorly with unfunny dick jokes inserted randomly. It's like the Two and a Half Men of science fiction.
That it's Seth MacFarlane's baby tells me everything I need to know.

the guy who did Family Guy? that explains A LOT 

the guy who did Family Guy? that explains A LOT

Yes exactly lol

Also even though the latest episode lent even more credence to the awful "Ash is Voq" theory, I still don't want to believe it. Or if it is true, maybe have it be some kind of mental/katra transfer so that Ash can shake him loose? I just want he and Michael to be happy!

ALSO that was yet another "best episode so far" and I can't wait to see where the series goes from here. "Where are we?" Mirror universe anyone??

If this show turns into the Star Trek version of Quantum Leap via mushroom drive I am so down. Or like Stargate Universe but not shitty

If this show turns into the Star Trek version of Quantum Leap via mushroom drive I am so down. Or like Stargate Universe but not shitty

yeah I wondered if it'd be something like that, tidy way to keep with the exploration vibes without getting too tangled up in established Trek lore

yeah I wondered if it'd be something like that, tidy way to keep with the exploration vibes without getting too tangled up in established Trek lore

Also convenient excuse to duck the fact that there's no spore drive in any other Trek show

I've watched all of this and honestly, I think it's a bit shit? Possibly down to the schmaltzy soundtrack, instead of pulling me in makes me notice how they failed at producing tension and/or any emotional connection. I don't give a shit about how their engine works, and so far this has been what, 70% of the shows driving force? pun intended. Also, the rubber masks need better mouths, that bugs me way more than it should. I'll keep watching anyway, it's fairly entertaining. They need to work on their jokes though, there's only so much one can take.

• 1 month later...