IGNORED

[Star Trek: Discovery] New Star Trek Series 2017

Nebraska

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it can't possibly be any worse than Discovery season 2

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't that just an expansion for that f2pmmorpg that no-one is playing?

Ahead of the 2020 launch of CBS All Access’ Star Trek: Picard, a number of prequel projects are in the works to tell the story of the fan favorite captain played by Patrick Stewart. The projects will help fill in the gap between Picard and the Next Generation crew's final movie (2002's Star Trek: Nemesis). The projects are coming from a partnership among CBS Consumer Products, IDW Publishing and Simon & Schuster’s Galley Books.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-trek-picard-get-prequel-novel-comic-series-1228367'

0D881C5820C76132EA21FB53F0E9EBB436783E8E

• 2 months later...

I want to see Jean Luc with some 23rd century bong to manage his arthritis.

7 hours ago, yekker said:

They should make a holodeck episode in which Picard meets his fabulously gay twin.

That would be Ian McKellen.

Fuck that steaming pile of shit, last season finale is some the worst nonsense I've ever witnessed.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

So what's the general consensus of Picard so far? I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but so far it's a bit meh...

stopped watching it. it's really bad. even starting the latest episode with 

Spoiler

icheb's death

makes it feel like they're including certain characters simply to legitimize it's place in trek cannon, but everything clearly shows otherwise

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

So what's the general consensus of Picard so far? I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but so far it's a bit meh...

Very divisive tbh. I and a few others I know are having a great time with it, but there are plenty who disagree. It’s not 90s Trek, it is a serialized season-long arc.

I thought the third ep was a little wobbly but the last two have been fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

started watching Picard and it's kinda meh tbh. not bad but also dunno if i'd say it's any good really. doesn't feel like Star Trek in the least...seems like they wanted to do some sorta Blade Runner series but without all the grit and grounded approach and instead just tacked it onto Star Trek lore and Picard was the only name big enough from TNG to get a series so they tried to shoehorn everything around him. not expecting much from the rest of the season but who knows. also the teenage romance bullshit is a bit stomach churning in how trite it is. at least a couple of fight scenes were okay? lol because that's why anyone watches Star Trek

watching ST Discovery as well now and about half through the first season and i'm really enjoying it. the super magic spore drive thing is a bit silly and the main character being sorta vulcan but actually human is a bit tired feeling since that was Spock's main bent too... anyway how the fuck is she spock's sister? are we in TOS era or something? maybe this will get explained or something idk but i'm trying to watch and see where they go with all that. anyway, overall i think this has been really good so far at least. much better than expected after seeing how blah Picard is. 

On 2/24/2020 at 3:01 PM, Joyrex said:

As a 90s Trekkie I'm really enjoying it.  Mixing old characters from different shows is nice, and it's not a big "let's get the band back together" clusterfuck like the new Star Wars movies.  My fav scene so far was 

Spoiler

Seven of Nine euthanizing Icheb, that was intense

Looking forward to the finale and maybe a season 2?