the NEWest post your desktop thread

o00o

My desktop wallpaper for a while has been a photo of Aokigahara, which I very much hope to visit at some point in my life. It's quite a beautiful place, which creates a strange atmosphere in juxtaposition to its reputation.

Aokigahara_Forest.jpg

My goal is to involve as many symbols of death into my life as possible, because mortality is something that I never want to forget about.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a whole folder of them I use, but there are a few really good ones.

tte9eSy.jpg

--

xfrCeBM.jpg

--

AerVf2x.jpg

---

N9ZIU3d.jpg

---

iHHXvY3.jpg

---

SZJdrxm.jpg

---

0Tsrg0Q.jpg

---

SWEbKEA.jpg

---

gghEFmz.jpg

Edited by Aphex

way too bleak. shanty town living off the sewage of rich capitalist pigs?? ugh.

I kind of enjoy having bleak, depressing scenes as my background. I have a few of derelict buildings rotting apart. At the risk of sounding like a pretentious twat, I find it a bit poetic. I'd post them, but I've gotta shoot now. See you around.

I've got a whole folder of them I use, but there are a few really good ones.

tte9eSy.jpg

--

xfrCeBM.jpg

--

AerVf2x.jpg

---

N9ZIU3d.jpg

---

iHHXvY3.jpg

---

SZJdrxm.jpg

---

0Tsrg0Q.jpg

---

SWEbKEA.jpg

---

gghEFmz.jpg

h3nrEJM.jpg

This one is also made by the same artist as your first picture, nice depressing dystopian feel, pretty detailed though. :)

Edited by slate

re: Aphex post

I like a lot of those. saved a couple. who're the artists?

although the City17 one totally doesn't work because you can see a ton of cars on the road, which would never happen in City17.

re: Aphex post

I like a lot of those. saved a couple. who're the artists?

although the City17 one totally doesn't work because you can see a ton of cars on the road, which would never happen in City17.

The dystopian city ones are mainly done by dont-nod, and they were involved in the producation of the games "Remember Me" and "Life Is Strange."

As for the diner at night, that one's Edward Hopper's Nighthawks, although you probably know that one.

I can't find the name of the artist who did the train sation one, even with a reverse image search, but it's a very nice piece of art.

As for the others, I'm not quite sure. you might be able to find the source with a reverse image search, though.

we're supposed to get 10 next tuesday. my work pc>>>>>>>my home pc currently. perks of working for a small company that actually cares about its employees i guess. rarely get to use them but i have some toys hidden for when i'm alone at the office:

om8rKhU.png

Currently -

desktop.jpg

Mr.Spiral - Please can I come over and clean up your desktop, it burns ....

Fucking hell - is that 4K resolution?

Nah 1920x1080 - that screengrab (when clicked on) is full size, I just make the dock small until mouse-rollover over the icons (n.b. It's not actually a mac either :) )

Yes, triachus is googling these images and posting them up. Looks like he's been watching Jackie Brown lately and taken on the sensibilities of Ordell Robbie. Until we see the pics with his taskbar and desktop icons, it didn't happen.

Edited by Schlitze