IGNORED

River of Mars

zoix

Hey guys,

This is a track I've been working on. Would like some feedback!

Some questions:

- What do you think of the main texture/pad? I've added distortion and tried to work with eq to make it sound rough but not uncomfortable to listen too.

- Is there too much high end in the track overall?

- Is the river sample annoying?

[sc5]232958877[/sc5]

i was sort of bummed when the drums came in, i felt like the main pad stuff gave enough of an atmosphere on their own. maybe it's just that i've been listening to substrata by biosphere a LOT over the last few weeks.

Agree about the drums, they sound a bit too regular for the otherworldly soundscape. Pads and river sample are cool, though.

Nice! I liked the distorted pads, it set the tone for a lush, but edgy atmosphere.

- Is the river sample annoying?

I didn't find it annoying, but I think it came in too abruptly.

You're right, I will look it over. Thanks for the feedback!

i was sort of bummed when the drums came in, i felt like the main pad stuff gave enough of an atmosphere on their own. maybe it's just that i've been listening to substrata by biosphere a LOT over the last few weeks.

Agree about the drums, they sound a bit too regular for the otherworldly soundscape. Pads and river sample are cool, though.

No takers on the drums. Hmm that can be easily fixed, but I'm not sure I agree, have to mull it over. Thanks for the feedback!

Was just about to mention the drums and then saw other comments on it. They don't really fit with this atmosphere. Ambient/atmospheric music is hard to put drum loops over and get right. In this instance I would either remove the drums and let the atmosphere lure the listener in or look to create a new loop/turn the volume down a bit. Maybe something organic to go with the atmosphere? Someone walking over gravel etc?

Cool ambience either way though dude!

Was just about to mention the drums and then saw other comments on it. They don't really fit with this atmosphere. Ambient/atmospheric music is hard to put drum loops over and get right. In this instance I would either remove the drums and let the atmosphere lure the listener in or look to create a new loop/turn the volume down a bit. Maybe something organic to go with the atmosphere? Someone walking over gravel etc?

Cool ambience either way though dude!

Ok, thanks for the feedback!

I like the drums, they fit just fine imo. I also like the way the river sample comes in and prefer the abruptness rather than a fade or something. Works with the atmosphere. Can't comment on the mix much because I'm listening through phone speakers but seems fine.

I like the drums, they fit just fine imo. I also like the way the river sample comes in and prefer the abruptness rather than a fade or something. Works with the atmosphere. Can't comment on the mix much because I'm listening through phone speakers but seems fine.

Ok thanks! Have to digest the opinions and let the track rest for a while. This has been helpful :p

Archived