IGNORED

Making changes at Warp Records

fumi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would sign Justin Bieber and make him release a spoken word album about consumerism and the hollowness of our culture over Sunn O))), Bohren and Der Club of Gore, and Tobacco instrumentals.

Strange but true, I was thinking this other day, I was going to make a thread simiar to fumi but decided against it.

I do feel warp is beginning to operate in a different orbit nowadays. They seem to act like a major label to me. Just had this feeling lately that perhaps they are beginning to shed all skin of what they use to stand for. I dunno, I'm tired and can't put it into words. But I don't feel hardly any affination or loyalty towards any of their new artisits at all.

More grammys

Past Brown box set replete with digital vinyls

All album covers going forward will be in .gif or vine format

Windowlicker umbrellas, Autechre access card chains, Tom's sunglasses and Boards of Canada decoder rings in the merch store

More download sales on Bleep i.e. flac reduced by 30% or more.

Don't really care what music they put out from here on as long as the old music is on sale for cheap prices every now and again.

The only sale I saw was a whole bunch of albums for 4.99 in flac, and I got a whole heck load of good albums.

More of that please!

thats an interesting question !

I would like to see a change in the rate of releases, too many unnecessary lp´s like the last Rustie, Future Brown , Nozinja....

also the social media is a bit weird 4 example the new Ae live was out and they stil had some Rustie, Kelela promotion on FB. it seems there are not able to choose which Artist to support..

stil love Warp :mu-ziq:

Perhaps here at HQ watmm we think we are the braintrust of warp, but there maybe another circle of fans who equally dig Future Brown, Rustie and Hud Mo as much as we worship The Usual Suspects. And another circle who love warp because of !!! and Battles and think Autechre are a pile of horseshit.

Another positive spin on it is if warp are making loads of money off Hud Mo and Rustie, then that releases record company pressure off BOC to shell out records, and can let them dwell further in the forest foraging for more BOC elixer. In otherwords the revenue they get from the artists we don't like means that we get better stuff from the the ones we do like. Something like that, you get my drift.

Archived