IGNORED

bliss in your ears

Guest nbven

Hey, Music Makers!

I really would like to hear from you what do you think about this track, I did not post it before.

When I was composing this I felt flying undirectionly in the clouds of each colour imaginable, I was on the mountain hills and felt the silence and solitude, serenity. I felt free and light, I saw other people around, although not all of them felt the same and not all of them saw same things I saw. All of them were transparent to me and I could see their inside, their confusions, anger, hatred, happiness, emotions and joy.

What would you see if you close your eyes and imagine something while listening?

I absolutely want to hear that,

As well as some good critics :happy:

I was really expecting to just be building stuff with the guitar, the drums felt a bit too heavy for me, but i still enjoyed it. maybe the drums are too sudden/ could use a filter. I guess i was hoping it would be a really serene ambient thing, because I really like certain ambient music more than almost any other music, though i still did like where it went, and the way it starts up again at the end made me smile a bit. I think the whistly stuff was my favorite thing about it, restored a sort of playful/serene feeling that i was hoping for at the beginning.

I'd second the drums being too heavy. First off, this is really nice, I really like it. To make it probably even better, I think you should more consciously pick which emotion you're aiming for with each track, and make sure everything's helping contribute to that one direction. You can juxtapose different elements, but you have to do so very carefully. I think just making the kick a little less distorted might help? You've got the guitar and pad part, and some lovely glittery synth overdubs, all sounding beautiful... but the percussion and thick bass are insinuating something powerful, almost ominous, that's going to build up and give way to a more upfront track, which doesn't happen.

I'd recommend trying out a few different remixes, if you're so inclined: one with the foundation made more delicate to bring it inline with the guitar and pads, and another that starts off like this and builds up into something more upfront. So it's either soft all the way through, or it starts off soft and commits to building up and up until it's really jamming. Either of these would work really well. I for one would love to hear a version of this that really gets heavier and heavier, layering on more and more parts until it reaches a satisfying climax.

• 3 months later...
Guest nbven

I'd second the drums being too heavy. First off, this is really nice, I really like it. To make it probably even better, I think you should more consciously pick which emotion you're aiming for with each track, and make sure everything's helping contribute to that one direction. You can juxtapose different elements, but you have to do so very carefully. I think just making the kick a little less distorted might help? You've got the guitar and pad part, and some lovely glittery synth overdubs, all sounding beautiful... but the percussion and thick bass are insinuating something powerful, almost ominous, that's going to build up and give way to a more upfront track, which doesn't happen.

I'd recommend trying out a few different remixes, if you're so inclined: one with the foundation made more delicate to bring it inline with the guitar and pads, and another that starts off like this and builds up into something more upfront. So it's either soft all the way through, or it starts off soft and commits to building up and up until it's really jamming. Either of these would work really well. I for one would love to hear a version of this that really gets heavier and heavier, layering on more and more parts until it reaches a satisfying climax.

Thank you for listening. Long delay in my answer, have not accessed forum for a while. It's an amazing idea, I do actually have one ambient/atmospheric variation of this one. Probably some day I will post it :) Thanks for positive idea and good feedback !

Really liking the background pad. Beat is forceful & solid in a good way. Bassline is nice & emotional. Echoy synth & all the later bits has a pleasing tonality. Everything's working for me, basically, except the main guitar line. The sound of it fits the track & you play well (and of course I'm generally a big supporter of live instrumentation in electronic music), but that particular melody felt a little too repetitive to my ears, and maybe the overall mood of it didn't fit? Like the rest of the track was very sparse idm jam, and the guitar line felt more like folky alternative rock or something

There's definitely a way to get all these elements cooking together tho

Guest nbven

Really liking the background pad. Beat is forceful & solid in a good way. Bassline is nice & emotional. Echoy synth & all the later bits has a pleasing tonality. Everything's working for me, basically, except the main guitar line. The sound of it fits the track & you play well (and of course I'm generally a big supporter of live instrumentation in electronic music), but that particular melody felt a little too repetitive to my ears, and maybe the overall mood of it didn't fit? Like the rest of the track was very sparse idm jam, and the guitar line felt more like folky alternative rock or something

There's definitely a way to get all these elements cooking together tho

Interesting perspective, I'm also very much in love with synth part in this song. You know sometimes you have this songs where you love each and every part of it as a separate entity and listen to it forever. I think I have it with this song. I think sometimes it's even possible to branch it and create totally different tunes out of it.

thank you for giving me the push to do another remix :)

Archived