IGNORED

Touched Music For Macmillan Cancer Support Presents Covert.

Touched Music

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had A Review Back...

I can’t remember the last time I purchased something just based on the fact that it’s a bunch of organised noises that in all likelihood I am going to have a good time with. But it was refreshing to know that I did get hold of something, not based on an artist name or previous knowledge of their works.

Welcome to ‘Covert', the latest in a string of quality releases from Touched Music for Macmillan Cancer Support.

Listening to this makes me feel like a teenager going to electronic music nights again - but a teenager that’s not allowed to know who’s playing and has to wear a blindfold to the club. It’s fun. It’s a sixteen-track game of “Identify That Synth” and “Guess That Stab/Hook/Lead/Rhythm/Sample”.

But guessing is only half of the fun. This truly is quality, all the way through. Opening with a veritable squelch-fest which should have most of us nodding heads in recognition, this release never stops offering tunes you’re going to play again and again.

Let me tell you it’s infuriating at points when you have an idea of who a certain track is by, only to hear something in the next phrase which shatters all the illusions you’d built up of being a super-sleuth. But this only reinforces my long-held opinion that deep down it really doesn’t matter who makes the electronic noise - what’s important is that electronic noise is being made and it continues to evolve and shatter previous high-quality boundaries.

No release on the Touched label would be complete without a bit of name-dropping, but that’s truly difficult here as I 80% don’t have a clue who is responsible for what! Little birds of good authority have however recently found themselves on my shoulder so I wouldn’t be surprised at all to find that Aphex Twin or say, Future Sound Of London or possibly Boards Of Canada have contributed. With the long, long list of previous contributors to this label you’re certainly going to have a nice time seeing if you can work anything out.

But then, why bother? Sit back, turn it up to eleven and enjoy one of the best music releases this year, knowing you’re listening to the work of some masters.

As always, proceeds go to Macmillan Cancer Support - £31,000 raised and counting.

Words By Alexander Shum…

Here We Go, Another Track From Covert.

This Time Its Track 1 - Borg_Acid160bpm

Video By Bob Jaroc.

https://vimeo.com/145988403

Woah, that was excellent. Reminds me of my favorite video from "greedy baby" for Plaid's "Crumax Rins". Also, caught a glimpse of his video for "Zala" in there, too.

Gotta say, I'm more excited about this comp than I've been for most things so far this year. I really think you might have low-balled the physical release. Alls I'm gonna say is I'm gonna be pissed if I try to preorder a physical copy on the 3rd and you're all out! Super-stoked!

But seriously, great job with this. I can't believe how good the massive compilations have been, and I'm glad that you've raised so much for charity. Good going!

Thanks apriorion, I’m glad your into the idea, i have put some much time into making things happen.

you should tune into the preview and mix this thursday, as soon as the last track come on i’ll link the mixlr room.

Touched Mixlr

Thanks for the support

Archived