IGNORED

The "Life" Thread

LimpyLoo

You are truly misled if you think diabetes is only a result of eating poorly.

never said this so i dont know why you even bothered writing that post, lol

uhh:

"i dont know what people expect, eat oreos get diabetes, its really that simple, "

"smokers dont complain about their ailments, neither should oreo eaters"

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a fairly important statistics that 1/10 people diagnosed with type 2 diabetes is actually of healthy size and weight.

Some people carry a thin layer of hormone releasing fat around their organs, sounds crazy but that is enough to cause diabetes should you be predisposed.

yeah, but i didnt say ONLY eating oreos causes diabetes but if you eat too much ores you'll probably get diabetes or any other diseased caused by eating too much processed foods.

yeah, but i didnt say ONLY eating oreos causes diabetes but if you eat too much ores you'll probably get diabetes

That's true.

And you're right a HUGE % of the population that have diabetes is obese and has poor eating habits.

I mis-interpreted the point of your posts, sorry.

I just think its important to stop victimizing ourselves specially when it comes to stuff like food and vices, if we take responsibility its easier to take control over the situation if it all goes wrong, if you transform yourself into the victim whats you are doing is giving away control over your mind and body.

I just think its important to stop victimizing ourselves specially when it comes to stuff like food and vices, if we take responsibility its easier to take control over the situation if it all goes wrong, if you transform yourself into the victim whats you are doing is giving away control over your mind and body.

I definitely did this to myself

Although I had no idea how close I was veering

Because I'm pretty skinny these days

And also, nobody ever thinks that this shit will happen to them

(There seems to be some disconnect in people's minds

Where they think "sure, I do all these unhealthy things

But I'm only *flirting* with being unhealthy so it will never amount to anything")

PS my upstairs neighbor

The ex-KKK Vietnam vet dude

He's getting both his legs amputated soon because of type 2 diabetes

He spends all his waking hours sitting, watching tv, chain-smoking, drinking jugs of soda and popping pills

Doctors nagged him for 5 years and he proudly ignored them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am currently in sugar withdrawal hell

I can't believe I did this to my body for so long

Now it's punishing me with headaches, stomach aches and weird neurological issues

I just googled 'sugar withdrawal' and it's serious fucking business

Having withdrawn (at different times) from heroin, cocaine and Xanax

I am now convinced sugar is a drug

(And fuck anyone who markets it to kids with cereal mascots, etc)

what were you eating so much of that you have withdrawals? are you killing off ALL sugar in your diet right away...? could you "taper" and just stop soda/junk food first, keep the simple carbs for a while until you've settled in to the new routine?

any diet i've tried that required a quick radical shift in what i was eating always leaves me feeling sick to my stomach and super lethargic (i've only tried a few, mostly as moral support for family/loved ones, but still)

I was eating junk like pizza, apple and orange juice, candy bars, fried rice and noodles...

A couple years ago I was a vegan on a mostly plant-based diet, but gradually I reverted back to American rubbish almost without realizing it

And yeah, apparently you're supposed to ween off sugar over the course of a couple weeks...two days ago I went back to fresh, plant-based food with no added sugar...but today I had to 'carb up' again to stop this brutal headache

I was eating junk like pizza, apple and orange juice, candy bars, fried rice and noodles...

A couple years ago I was a vegan on a mostly plant-based diet, but gradually I reverted back to American rubbish almost without realizing it

And yeah, apparently you're supposed to ween off sugar over the course of a couple weeks...two days ago I went back to fresh, plant-based food with no added sugar...but today I had to 'carb up' again to stop this brutal headache

If you can go cold turkey and stick to it: more power to you. Awesome! Well done!

fwp=face when poo?

When I was kicking heroin, I would get these hot/cold flashes

No temperature felt comfortable

Look at my arm and lo and behold it looks like turkey skin, all clammy and goosebumpy

(Hence the origin of the term 'cold turkey')

Can I have my own fwp thread too?

For your FYI, this isn't a "LimpyLoo's FWP" thread

It's a depository for information on improving one's life

(If anything, it's a "first world solutions" thread)

Also, now that my legal situation seems to be remedied, it's probably okay to talk about what happened, and what I learned from the experience.

I know there are some "psychonauts" and "dabblers" here on watmm, so perhaps this might help someone:

TL;DR = I hopped outta my "friend's" car and not 10 seconds later I'm surrounded by 3 (state) DEA agents with bullet-proof vests and 3-4 plainclothes cops

They give me a week to decide between ratting/'controlled buy' and prison (I swear on my fucking life they did the ol' good cop/bad cop routine)

When they cut me loose I frantically start seeking out a lawyer and spend the rest of the night convinced that my life is over (with my also-freaked-out girlfriend trying to convince me it'll be okay)

Next morning I meet with a lawyer who turns out to be the coolest, funniest guy in the universe

He pleads me down to misdameaner possession

And I resume my life

(I have never felt so paranoid as I was trying to figure out how the DEA got there...I would just play out different theories in my head, stuff about phone-taps and surveillance, about who might be a rat....now I know how conspiracy theorists feel)

There are also other conversation topics in this world than yourself Limpy. Maybe tone a bit down on the navel-gazing a bit if you want a serious discussion with someone.

I mean, if you wanted this to be a lively and interesting discussion, maybe make it an universal discussion that doesn't always end up being about yourself and every single little detail in your life in every post.

*Awaits "snarky troll" comeback line*

some heavy shit there limpyloo hope you're doing ok

but like about life i suck at it, came in here for solutions. i feel very well if i walk every day, at a brisk pace, late at night. need to get heart rate up and such. can be a very nice experience. i also agree with the sort of use it or lose it principle of the brain mentioned in the OP. i can go down that road and think about bad shit from before and it doesnt serve much purpose, and it also interfers with my ability to function right then and there. you sort of are what you think and feel. better to try to see your problems but not dwell on them. the hardest part is acting to change them which i think everyone has problems with to some extent or another. i wish there was an objective way to see who i am and what my limits are and are not, and it could all like be laid out on paper, because it can be confusing to try to figure it out myself. it's a lot easier to forget everything if i just ignore it and try to focus on day to day life, but not always. the neurogenesis for me past few years has been bathing my brain in politics, philosophy, art and not be as focused on myself. kind of breaking that now but yeah, immersing in something else isn't necessarily bad escapism, it's good to get out of ones head and focus the mind on the outside world, it can be a relief from constantly "looking in the mirror" metaphorically speaking

Archived